- Orange Collecte, the first mobile crowdfunding platform in Africa, using Orange Money
- A platform launched in partnership with HelloAsso, the French leader in crowdfunding for charities
- A simple, quick and secure way to organise fundraising campaigns
Orange (http://www.orange.com) is launching Africa’s first mobile crowdfunding platform in Côte d’Ivoire: Orange Collecte. With this platform, private individuals and charities can finance their personal (weddings, birthdays, etc.) and charitable projects (fundraising, events, projects, etc.) by making an appeal through their mobile network. This novel solution is open to all Orange Money customers in Côte d’Ivoire. Contributors will be able to make their donations using their Orange Money electronic wallet.
Orange unites with HelloAsso The Orange Collecte platform was developed in partnership with HelloAsso (http://www.helloasso.com). Through this partnership, Orange is getting involved with the social innovation approach instigated by HelloAsso. The Orange Collecte initiative embodies the Group’s desire to support innovative solutions that meet its customer’s basic needs, while also illustrating the issue of developing innovative financial services in Africa, which is part of the operator’s strategy.
Orange Collecte, so easy to use Orange Money customers create their fundon Orange Collecte by dialling #144*8# on a mobile or going to collecte.orange.com.
A charity that wants to start a fundraising campaign must have created an Orange Money account dedicated to the charity. As for contributors, they choose a campaign, indicate how much they want to pledge and then confirm it. In turn, they can invite their contacts to also take part in the collection.
At the end of the collection, the amount raised is directly transferred to the user’s Orange Money account.
Orange Money, Orange’s range of mobile financial services In sub-Saharan Africa, where less than 24 % of the population has a bank account, whilst more than 80% of inhabitants have a mobile phone, Orange Money offers mobile financial services that can be used with simplicity and ease to carry out remote transactions securely.
Opening an Orange Money account is free for Orange mobile customers. The system is very easy to use: deposits or money transfers are made via the standard GSM network.
Three types of operations can be carried out using the Orange Money service:
- money transfers: users can make an electronic money transfer to any other Orange Money customer living in the same country. In some countries, international transfers are also possible.
- payments: users can pay certain bills remotely and easily buy phone credit.
- financial services: include savings and insurance solutions, depending on the country.
With more than 15 million customers and more than €4.5 transferred in 2014 in 13 countries, Orange Money is a great success.