NComputing provides healthcare organization ESIC economically improves service to millions with 31,000 virtual desktops.
The Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) is chartered by the Indian government to deliver insurance and healthcare benefits to over 20 million private- and public-sector employees.
ESIC provides these services through over 2,000 facilities that include hospitals, dispensaries, and branch offices across India. ESIC’s IT systems were outdated and could not provide high-quality service to its stakeholders.
A massive undertaking requires a new approach ESIC recognized that improving service delivery would require a robust IT system
• Computerizing 144 hospitals, 620 insurance branches, 1388 dispensaries/clinics, and 51 regional offices
• Issuing 20 million medical ID smartcards
• Creating of one of the largest medical records databases in the world
• Providing online patient medical records to doctors and nurses
• Building a database of 50 million fingerprints
• Rolling out a single enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to automate ESIC processes
• Reducing claims processing times for beneficiaries
• Simplifying enrollment and premium payment for employers
ESIC turned to leading IT provider Wipro to develop and manage a fully networked, cloud-based IT system that would cost-efficiently leapfrog existing technologies and dramatically improve service delivery.