The top 6 Tech Trends of 2015
As the year comes to an end, there were certain trends that dominated the Indian landscape. The ones that impacted our lives the most and are going to impact our lives tomorrow are given below:
1. Increase of Online Grocery and Food Delivery – There are a lot of new players in the online grocery business. LocalBanya and Bigbasket have been there for a while, however, Grofers and Peppertap further assisted in boosting growth. The trend is expected to grow in 2016 as many of them are going to receive funding.
2. Budget friendly Smartphones under 10K – To cater to the large budget conscious consumers, smartphone makers started offering features generally found in premium phones including HD display, laser autofocus, 3GB RAM, fingerprint scanners in smartphones under Rs 10,000.
3.Popularity of Uber, Ola, Taxi for Sure Services – These services were a lot in demand, with an offering of aggressive fares, ease of booking, number of promotions as well as instant availability. All these attributed to growth of taxi aggregators. This was besides the security lapse that had lead to the services being banned for some time.
4. Demand for Fitness Wearables – Owing to the budget Mi Band from Xiaomi, along with innovative coach services from Goqii, there were more number of people who opted for fitness bands. There were also international brands including Fitbit and Jawbone who made their entry into the Indian market.
5. Drones got Cheaper- There was a lot of demand for Drones despite the uncertainties surrounding it. You can find basic version of the drones under Rs 4000.
6. Popularity of Digital Wallets – there was a growth in digital wallets including Paytm, Mobikwik, Pay U and Citrus due to the integration of many service providers. They pose minimal problems and one can even get discounts cashback if one used digital wallet in lieu of debit/credit card.