- Showcases Sterlite® OH-LITETM NOVA that exceeds
ITU-T recommendations for G.652.D and G.657.A1
Sterlite Technologies, which designs, builds and manages smarter networks for telecoms globally, is participating at the 2nd Indo-Africa ICT Summit 2016 in Nairobi, Kenya. The expo, organised by TEPC and NASSCOM from September 1-3, 2016, enables technology convergence among Indian and African ICT companies.
Discussing opportunities in Africa, Ankit Agarwal, Director – Telecom Products,
Sterlite Technologies, said, “Africa’s Telecom Industry is witnessing a surge in broadband network deployments due to push from multiple governments and Telcos to strengthen voice and data infrastructure. With mobile data traffic likely to increase 20-fold by 2020, we see growing opportunities to create smarter long lasting networks for African telecom operators and governments.” Highlighting Sterlite Tech’s research-backed capabilities in true broadband creation, he noted, “With our high-quality optical communication offerings, African telecom operators can drive mobile broadband deeper into urban and non-urban areas. This will boost internet economy, bringing a positive change in the everyday lives of the citizens.”
Major highlights of Sterlite Tech’s exhibit includes:
- Sterlite® OH-LITETM NOVA a Single Mode Optical Fibre, with very low bend sensitivity and tighter attenuation, that meets and exceeds ITU-T recommendations G.652.D and G.657.A1. It is ideal for long distance transmission and FTTH applications.
- Sterlite® MICRO DUCT-LITETM Multitube Single Jacket Micro Duct Optic Fibre Cables are suited for access/metro/NLD and (air blown) drop cabling for FTTx networks and adhere to ITU-T G.652D and ITU-T G.655 specifications.
- Sterlite® DUCT-LITETM Multitube Single Jacket Optic Fibre Cables used for outside plant applications, including duct and lashed aerial in harsh environments.
- Sterlite® ARMOR-LITETM Multitube Single Jacket Steel Tape Armored Cables used for direct burial and duct applications.
Both DUCT-LITE and ARMOR-LITE cables comply with IEC.60794 series, ANSI/ICEA S-87-640, Telcordia GR-20 and ITU-T Recommendations.