- Specially designed to handle high-density, secure and demanding business environments like Enterprises, SMBs, Offices, Hospitals, Hotels and Schools
- 2015 Red Dot design award winner
Edimax Technology, a leading provider of premier networking solutions, today launched CAP1750 a premium Wi-Fi solution with high speed AC1750 for enhanced performance. The trendy and stylish design is matched by premium performance: Engineered for
power, reliability, flexibility, this access point is easy to use and fully compatible with Edimax NMS (Network Management Suite) for centralized network management. The LED status indicator is embedded in a sleek and trendy design gives out information besides complementing to the overall look and feel.
Wi-Fi enabled devices are pervasive across user and beyond home environs. The need for speed in outdoor setups is not adequately met by 3G or 4G technologies. With this growing demand for data connectivity in outdoor setups, the industry is witnessing a faster growth for Wi-Fi solutions deployed outdoors. Coupled with this trend is the growing population of mobile workforce, which has a tremendous need for on the move access for enterprise data, most of which is beginning to reside on the cloud. As per a new research study from MarketsandMarkets, the global market for outdoor Wi-Fi is expected to grow from $15.41 billion in 2013 to $37.2 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 15.82% during this forecast period.
“CAP 1750 is ergonomically designed with a smooth low-profile disc with a sharp angled edge to complement and meet the modern office style and needs,” said Sanjay Joshi, Country Manager at Edimax Technology. “Boasting the latest 802.11ac wireless standard, significantly greater range and configurability than consumer-grade access points, the CAP1750 is a genuine innovation in enterprise Wi-Fi with a unique blend of practicality and aesthetics. The high density capacity of this product allows networking up to 100 simultaneous users and is ideal for multi-tenant unit buildings, hotels, resorts, hospitals, campuses, conventions, crowded environments and BYOD workplaces which demand large-scale network use and safety.”
The CAP1750 ceiling mount access point features the latest 802.11ac dual band technology for speed up to 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band which can handle even the most bandwidth intensive tasks. It has a wide range of potential applications from office environments to schools, campuses, hotels and hospitals. High-density capacity for up to 100 simultaneous users is ideal for BYOD workplaces or other environments with a high volume of users and wireless devices. Multiple SSIDs can be configured for different departments or user groups and a built-in RADIUS server provides additional verification with a scalable AP array architecture for central management of multiple access points. Fast roaming for seamless transitions between access points, Power over Ethernet support (PoE) and an intuitive web-based management interface provides flexibility for deployment and extensive management options for company MIS departments and network administrators. It also features solid capacitors for significantly longer lifespans than traditional non-solid alternatives, thus generating less heat and delivering increased stability, durable, robust Wi-Fi solution for business environments.
- 802.11AC Dual-Band High Speed: IEEE 802.11ac concurrent dual-band with 1750Mbps wireless speed
- Easy Installation: Ceiling-mount & T-rail mount design with easy installation kit
- Compact & Durable Housing: Ultra slim design with UL94-5VB flame-retardant plastic housing
- Designed for High Density Usage: Supports up to a hundred users simultaneously, ideal for crowded environments and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) workplaces
- Multiple SSIDs for Security Management: Supports up to 32 SSIDs (16 x 2.4GHz & 16 x 5GHz) ideal for multiple departments, user groups, customers or guests
- Fast Roaming: Roams smoothly between APs without lag or interruption, ensuring top performance for video and voice streaming applications
- Wide Coverage & High Sensitivity: Adjustable RF output power and high receiver sensitivity for wide coverage across large spaces
- Seamless Mobility: 1.5x greater coverage than typical APs for blanket coverage to ensure seamless connectivity for Wi-Fi devices across enterprise environments
- Power over Ethernet: Supports IEEE 802.3at PoE as well as included power adapter
- Built-In RADIUS Server: With management for up to 256 user accounts
- Business Environments: Mainstream choice for SMBs. Suitable for wide range of commercial applications such as offices, hotels, meeting rooms, schools, campuses, resorts, retail and others
- Central Management: Edimax Pro Network Management Suite (NMS), easy and Intuitive web-based central management suite, supports AP array architecture