Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT) − a world leader in high-performance network security − announced that the India Customer VIP Forum it recently hosted in Dubai was attended by more than 60 CIOs and senior IT decision makers from key verticals including financial services, e-commerce and IT services, retail, manufacturing and media.
Underlining Fortinet’s commitment to maintaining close relationships with customers, Vishak Raman, Fortinet’s Senior Regional Director for India & SAARC said: “The Fortinet Customer VIP Forum brings our global experts and customers together on one platform, providing us with a valuable opportunity to jointly frame security strategies suited to customers’ environments. The networking and dialogue on the latest threat landscape and technologies also greatly benefited both parties.”
The highlight of the forum was the Best Security Implementation Awards, which recognize the best security frameworks deployed in large enterprise networks using Fortinet solutions. Deployments completed in the past 12 months qualified for selection. This year’s award winners are:
- Shriram Value Services: A recent deployment allows the company to centrally manage branch offices through common policies and application control. The datacenter’s performance has improved with a secured VPN allowing MPLS location to access
- Usha International: The firm deployed secure wireless access at their offices, and has centralized management of devices at multiple locations to provide secure access to business information anytime and anywhere.
- Xchanging Technology Services: The organization deployed an integrated security platform with firewall, IPS, antivirus, antispyware, application control, endpoint protection, VPN, WAN optimization, web filtering, web application security, vulnerability and compliance management features without any performance degradation.
- eClerx Services: The outsourcing firm’s migration to an integrated security platform with user authentication has resulted in simpler management and reduced footprint in the datacenter.
- Manipal Hospitals: A network security platform implementation allows the healthcare provider to secure its network cost effectively, enable application access over the Internet and through mobile devices, and meet NABH compliance requirements.
On receiving the award, Nagesh Vaze, IT Head SEA Region of Xchanging, said: “We are delighted to be recognized with this award. Fortinet’s solution supports features that are truly innovative, thus adding value to our security framework. The appliances’ ease of management have also helped us reduce cost − we now need significantly fewer engineers to run our security infrastructure.”
The VIP Forum also conducted master classes on security trends to tackle organized cybercrime, providing CIOs with an in-depth understanding of multi-layered security intelligence, DDoS attacks and mobile security. Customers had the opportunity to attend roundtables, get a hands-on experience of the world’s fastest next-generation firewall, and see Fortinet’s showcase of its latest security solutions that deliver real, measurable business results.
Nandkishore Dhomne, CIO of Manipal Hospitals who attended the VIP Forum, said: “The Forum was well-organized and packed with informative sessions. The interaction with Fortinet senior executives was productive and the hands-on sessions really helped us appreciate how the various solutions worked to solve our business issues.”