Zoho Corporation, the parent company of leading technology brands such as ManageEngine, Zoho, and Qntrl, announced today the launch of a new business division in India: TrainerCentral, which offers a robust training platform built to serve the booming e-learning market. TrainerCentral provides knowledge creators, solopreneurs, and experts from all fields a single platform to host live sessions as well as sell on-demand courses, evaluate students, build an engaged learner community, and manage their business.
Built entirely in India, TrainerCentral offers a comprehensive toolkit that includes a website builder, business administration console, dedicated learner portal, payments gateway, online conferencing, and analytics. In order to make the technology more accessible, the platform is available in Hindi and Tamil, as well as English, and will support other regional languages. TrainerCentral values the privacy of its users and does not show ads or sell user data. The data of its Indian users will be stored in Data Centres located within the country.
“The rise of online learning, further fuelled by the pandemic-induced restrictions, has allowed thousands of knowledge creators like teachers, fitness instructors, and digital marketing professionals to monetize their expertise and connect digitally with millions of interested learners. However, most creators use disparate applications for different functions such as live online training, on-demand session hosting, ticketing, and website building, or end up using complex software like a Learning Management System (LMS) that is meant for large businesses,” said Aarthi Elizabeth, Chief Brand Evangelist, TrainerCentral. “With TrainerCentral, we have addressed this digital gap in the e-learning market, by offering all essential tools on a single, easy-to-use platform so that creators can quickly establish their knowledge brand and nurture a dedicated community of learners, all while turning their passion into profit. As their learner community grows, the trainers can continue to scale their business on TrainerCentral.”
According to an IBEF report, the edtech market is expected to reach US$10.4 billion by 2025 from $2.8 billion in 2020. According to KPMG, India has become the second-largest market for e-learning after the US.
- Host live sessions and on-demand courses: Users can create pre-recorded online courses with a diverse curriculum that uniquely reflects their knowledge and expertise. They can also host live workshops and online coaching sessions for up to 1000 remote learners through web conferencing functionality.
- Build a website and collect payments: Using a drag-and-drop, no-code builder, trainers can design an intuitive website with a customized URL, to publish and sell online courses. They can set up a payment gateway, configure different payment methods like one-time fees or a recurring subscription and accept payments in any currency.
- Conduct Tests: Users can evaluate learners through graded quizzes, ensure discipline through course compliance and reward them with completion certificates.
- Build a community: Users can nurture a micro-community of learners by engaging with them using discussion forums and learner portals and having live interactions.
- Reach out to potential learners: In-built custom email notification functionality enables trainers to invite prospective learners or cross-sell new courses to existing learners. Furthermore, they can promote their brand on social media channels directly from TrainerCentral.
- Gather analytics: TrainerCentral provides real-time insights on key business metrics like revenue trends, learner progress, and course feedback through an analytics dashboard, enabling users to make quick decisions.
TrainerCentral is Zoho Corporation’s vertical offering for the edtech market, catering to the needs of trainers, freelancers, or any individual aspiring to impart their knowledge to eager learners. “While other brands of Zoho Corp. deal with a B2B model, TrainerCentral is a B2C offering, with a dedicated go-to-market strategy. It caters to the e-learning community. TrainerCentral, however, can be easily integrated with other offerings of its sister brands under Zoho Corp. and shares the company’s work ethos and culture,” said Aarthi Elizabeth.
“I was looking for a fully integrated platform to host both recorded courses and live lessons. TrainerCentral offers everything I need including a website builder and email marketing options. It’s a hub for a training startup like mine,” said Muthu Training Entrepreneur, Sri Ram Stocks Solution.
“With TrainerCentral, we can deliver both on-demand courses and live training, distribute digital content and monitor every individual’s learning progress from a single console. Learners are finding the courses built on TrainerCentral easy to access. TrainerCentral’s compatibility with mobile browsers gives them the flexibility to complete the coursework even when they are traveling,” said Dr. B. Viduthalai Virumbi, Nodal Officer, PHR-NHM, Tamil Nadu.
Pricing and Availability
TrainerCentral is available immediately and offers a 15-day free trial. TrainerCentral offers two paid plans with access to unlimited courses and unlimited learners: Starter (₹1167 per month billed annually) and Professional (₹2917 per month, billed annually).