Earlier this week, we reported that Samsung is releasing the Wear OS 4 update for the Galaxy Watch 5 and 5 Pro, which brings various new features and improvements. Now, it’s worth noting that the Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 4 Classic in the US have also begun receiving the Wear OS 4 update.
The update comes with the build number ending in HWH3. Some apps may require separate updates after the main upgrade. Here’s the complete changelog for the update:
Watch faces and tiles:
– Easier addition of watch faces and tiles.
– Ability to check the battery level of all your devices.
– Improved Buds controller tile.
– Quick access to timers.
– Enhanced sleep coaching.
– Automatic recording of cycling workouts.
– More accurate results for track runs.
– Ability to create your exercise.
Backup and restore:
– Keep your watch data safe.
– Transfer your watch to a new phone.
Control your phone:
– More call controls.
– Ability to take pictures from your watch.
– Dictate text with the Home button.
– Let Bixby read your notifications.
– Use multiple timers simultaneously.
– Share your medical information in an emergency.
– Device care.
– Control your watch without touching it.
– Organize apps in folders.
– Enhance watch security by requiring a PIN or pattern after a factory reset to prevent unauthorized use in case of loss or theft.
To upgrade your Galaxy Watch 4 to the latest firmware, open the Galaxy Wearable app on your connected smartphone, navigate to the smartwatch section, and go to Watch settings > Watch software update > Download and install.