“The onset of the pandemic in 2020 did bring a paradigm change to the Schools & colleges and helped in the stimulation of unprecedented innovation within the education sector”, says Mr.Seetha Prasad (Founder and CEO of TriByte Technologies) in an exclusive interview with IT-Voice Media. Here is the full interview with the industry expert.
Prateek: Tell us about the journey of TriByte Technologies from 2010 till now.
Seetha Prasad: TriByte Technologies is a Bangalore headquartered technology company providing an Interactive and Personalized eLearning Platform through its Learning Management System (LMS) targeted at Educational Institutes, Corporates, and EdTech companies. The company has successfully completed its 10th anniversary. TriByte and its products are deployed across 25 countries, available in multiple languages (English, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, Arabic, Spanish, Bahasa, etc.), and has over 2 million users on the platform who experience the learning on Windows, Android, IOS and Linux.
Our mission is to enhance engagement and outcomes by making learning fun and interesting through interactive learning, gamification, peer learning as well as AI-based adaptive & personalized learning, while providing the same learning user experience, online-offline, across devices, and on all types of learning material
After the initial trials, TriByte quickly realized few parameters necessary to be successful. They include:
- Think offline learning first and make the learning experience seamless, whether connected to the internet or not connected.
- Be a partner to the customers and help them scale using technology.
- Configure the Technology Architecture to serve the needs of very large-scale assessments across the flaky internet.
- Offer a White-labelled solution with the capability of creating custom workflows for larger clients.
- Offer Personalised and Adaptive learning capabilities to serve diverse students and maximize learning outcomes.
Over the past 10 years, TriByte’s LMS technology has transitioned across the 3 stages.
a) Stage 1: Focus on Content delivery & Assessments:
- Enabling providers to upload the best content, using the latest technology is merely the starting point of EdTech interventions, providing access to high-quality content, at affordable prices on a large scale.
b) Stage 2: Creating an engaged learner:
- Students, irrespective of age group and course content, need to be motivated to learn. Thus, engaging the learner by way of gamification, leaderboard, badges, and other engagement models, makes learning more engaging and delivers better outcomes.
c) Stage 3: Personalized & Adaptive Learning (making the cutting-edge)
- A key differentiator is when technology is used for personalized learning. This requires the technology to provide adaptive learning i.e., individual learning paths for each student, based upon the past performance, learning goals, and predictive performance. This is done using advanced algorithms, artificial intelligence (AI) & machine learning (ML) tools.
Prateek: How could the Smart K12 Platform for learning be useful for the schools during the pandemic era?
Seetha Prasad: TriByte LMS platform has been leveraged by Academic institutions for many years. However, the onset of the pandemic in 2020 did bring a paradigm change to the Schools & colleges. What took decades of discussions, has taken a month to implement.
The TriByte LMS supports program delivery using multiple pedagogies, viz:
- Blended Classroom with Online assessment and remedial learning
- Self-paced learning with Live doubt clearance
- Flip-based with Pre-Class, In-Class, and Post-Class.
- Gamified Learning
- Adaptive Personalized Learning
The pandemic has stimulated unprecedented innovation within the education sector.
As the pandemic eases out, we believe that the schools will experiment & innovate the use of technology to greater personalization and scale now. The need to remain ‘Always Connected’ and ‘Mobile First’ approach will be dominant in the blended learning approach adopted by schools.
Prateek: What are some learning experiences working with Wadhwani Foundation, Azim Premji University, The Brigade Schools?
Seetha Prasad: The Academic Institutions (e.g., Azim Premji University, The Brigade Schools, etc.) have a dominant need to conduct Live classes, while the students should be able to access the same across any device (Laptop/ Mobile /Tablet), whether it be Windows, Android, or iOS. The Institutions also want initial handholding to train the teachers on how to use the platform effectively. The Administrators (Principal + Academic Coordinator) normally need a system where class scheduling is easy, and that they can have all reports of Attendance, Assignments, assessments, etc.
The Social Sector’s (e.g., Wadhwani Foundation, NIIT Foundation, etc.) primary need is a multi-lingual capable Learning Management System (LMS) which caters to self-paced learning while providing offline access to overcome the bandwidth issues in tier 2-3 towns globally. They also need the platform to be capable of delivering the program as per their pedagogy (Flip-based with Pre-Class, In-Class, and Post-Class.
Gamified Learning, Adaptive Personalized Learning, etc.)
Prateek: TriByte Technologies was awarded the prestigious ‘IT Solution Provider of the Year’ by EdTech Review. Tell us more about it.
Seetha Prasad: EdTechReview (ETR) is a premier media platform and community for educational stakeholders. ETR spreads awareness on education technology through best research and practices of using technology in education, with an aim to create an ongoing dialogue around how technology can transform learning.
Through a process of nomination, and process of reference checks and data validation, TriByte was declared as the winner in the category of ‘IT Solution Provider of the year’. The award ceremony was conducted in Gurgaon in March 2020.
Global Hues (GH) is a media agency that sources and delivers the latest and relevant information ranging from Business, Education, Health, and Money to Technology, Women, Lifestyle, News, Press releases, and Entertainment. After evaluating multiple companies, and the impact created especially since the onset of the pandemic, GH has identified TriByte as amongst the ’20 EdTech Companies who are transforming the outlook of Education in India’. A certificate of Appreciation has been awarded to TriByte.
Prateek: Are there any new products/services launched?
Seetha Prasad: We continue to evolve and update our services with the best-in-class tech solutions and are making deeper engagements within India. Our focus is on Personalized & Adaptive Learning, wherein individual learning paths for each student, based upon the past performance, learning goals, and predictive performance. This is done using advanced algorithms, artificial intelligence (AI) & machine learning (ML) tools.
We are also exploring partnerships for greater reach in India & are poised for a significant presence in Asia & Africa.
For any such interaction opportunities, you may write to us at email@example.com.