ProSAFE Single-Band Wireless-N Access Point (WN203) with Power over Ethernet offers rich features and flexible deployment options at attractive price point
NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQGM: NTGR) has shipped the NETGEAR ProSAFE™ Single-Band Wireless-N Access Point (WN203) to satisfy demand from small and medium-sized businesses to improve the performance and security of their wireless networks in a practical, cost-effective progression. Offering Power over Ethernet (PoE) for flexible deployment, comprehensive business-class security features, and an external antenna option, the WN203 operates in the 2.4 GHz band with up to 300 Mbps* throughput speeds.
“Small business owners and their Value-Added Resellers (VARs) know they need to upgrade their networks from 802.11g wireless, but they generally do so incrementally, in a more conservative manner than larger enterprises. They look for a reliable and affordable solution, which is where the WN203 comes in,” said Thomas Cheng, senior product line manager for NETGEAR business wireless products.
The NETGEAR ProSAFE Single-Band Wireless-N Access Point (WN203) offers many features that are an improvement over other wireless access points:
- Up to 15 times the speed and up to 10 times the coverage of legacy 802.11g networks
- An internal antenna, with two additional reverse SMA connectors for external antennas for added range
- Multiple SSIDs for traffic segmentation
- Enterprise-grade wireless security with 802.1x and Radius servers
- Layer 2 VLAN for added security
- Power over Ethernet, eliminating the need for external power adapters and providing deployment flexibility
- Desktop or wall mounting options for optimal placement