India is at a major stage in its fight with the global pandemic and during this period, social distancing has become essential for each and every individual. Remote working has become an essential part of many organizations as it allows us to do our part in bringing the pandemic to an end and goes a long way in ensuring the health and wellness of the community.
With the new norm, i.e., “work from home”, most professionals today are working from home during the pandemic; it has become a necessity to have a good and secure home networking solution. Weak Wi-Fi is a paramount concern when it comes to the topic of remote workers. The dead spots, unreliable connections, and slow speed hamper everyday productivity. To overcome these networking challenges NETGEAR offers its Orbi Mesh RBK50 to provide a seamless experience throughout the house.
The new Orbi Systems all deliver industry-leading 802.11ac AC3000 Wi-Fi speeds up to 2.2Gbps*, so one can enjoy the seamless Wi-Fi experience everywhere in their home, without any dead zones from the attic to the basement, patio to the garage, front yard to back garden while streaming 4K HD video content. It also consists of a router and one or more satellites which is suitable to cover the surface area up to 200sqm. The RBk50 offers Wi-Fi coverage of up to 4,000 square feet and it also has an individual stand-alone router that covers up to 2,000 square feet.
The RBK50 supports download speeds of up to 1.4Gbps, while Wi-Fi speeds can reach up to 2.2Gbps for devices that connect to Wi-Fi on your home network. The device can be controlled via the Orbi app or through Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. The Orbi system includes a Gigabit Ethernet port for the Internet WAN with VLAN 802.1Q support, and three Gigabit Ethernet ports for the LAN. The NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Satellite has the four Gigabit Ethernet ports and it also has a USB 2.0 port like the Orbi Router.
Speaking at the occasion Marthesh Nagendra, Country Manager India, ME & SAARC, NETGEAR commented, “Currently, Wi-Fi is now considered to be as critical as any other home utility, as work from home culture is becoming a new norm, it has become essential for remote workers to have a secure Wi-Fi connection where they would have flawless network connectivity that will prove to be crucial to their overall work from home experience. The NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Wi-Fi solutions provide the consumers with the best Wi-Fi experience for an even broader range of households which improve their overall work productivity.”
- Ultra-Performance Whole-Home Mesh Wi-Fi System–Covers large homes up to 5,000 sq. ft with fast Wi-Fi. The system includes a Wi-Fi router and one satellite.
- Fast Internet speeds for all devices- The dedicated Wi-Fi connection gives you the fastest and most consistent Internet speeds available, even as more devices connect.
- Stream and play even faster with up to 3 Gbps combined Wi-Fi speeds.
- Orbi creates one seamless network, so as you move from room to room, your signal won’t drop.
- Quick & easy setup with the Orbi app–Pause Wi-Fi, do a quick speed test, set up Smart Parental Controls, and much more
- NETGEAR Armor™ – Best-in-class anti-virus and data theft protection for ALL of your smartphones and computers. Protects your connected home from internet threats.
- Works with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant so you can use voice commands to control your home Wi-Fi network.
- Circle® Smart Parental Controls–A smart way for families to manage content and time online on any connected device.
- Guest Network–Easily set up a separate and secure Wi-Fi network for visitors to use without sharing your home’s Wi-Fi password.