Listen to this Article
A study undertaken by Sulekha, India’s leading tech-AI platform for expert services has unveiled interesting insights about the demand for services that were leading in Indian cities in July. This study is based on visits and searches by nearly 50,000+ consumers across the top 8 Indian cities that landed on Sulekha in July 2021.
Key findings of the study:
- The Top 4 service categories in the education vertical that have seen a spike in online searches include Sports Coaching, Competitive Exam Coaching, Language Training, and Driving Schools. These categories are also a part of the top 15 trending categories among home, office, and education-related services.
- In the Sports Coaching category, the top five most-searched sports are Athletics (385%), Cricket (365%), Badminton (274%), Kabaddi (247%), and Football (223%) in July.
- In the Competitive Exam Coaching category, the top three most searched are SSC (Staff Selection Commission) (66%), Teachers Exam Coaching (42%), and Defense/ Police Exam Coaching (32%) in July.
- In the Language Training category, the most searched categories are Spoken English Training, Foreign Language Training, and Indian Language Training. These categories overall grew by 34% in July.
- In the Driving Schools category, the most searched categories are Car driving classes (46%), two-wheeler-driving classes (45%), and heavy vehicle driving classes (14%) in July.
- Chennai is leading in its searches for Sports coaching and saw a growth of 63%; followed by Bangalore (61%) and Delhi (43%).
- Hyderabad is leading in its searches for Language training and saw a growth of 37%; followed by Bangalore (36%) and Chennai (28%).
- Bangalore is leading in its searches for Driving Schools and saw a growth of 48%; followed by Mumbai (45%) and Chennai (22%).
- Hyderabad is leading in its searches for Competitive Exam Coaching and saw a growth of 33%; followed by Mumbai (29%) and Bangalore (27%).
Satya Prabhakar, Founder & CEO, Sulekha, said, “It’s interesting to see the surge of online searches in varied service categories like sports coaching and language training. The sudden increase in online searches in sports coaching could be attributed to the renewed interest in sports fueled by the Olympic Games that concluded recently. On the other hand, service categories such as Language training and Competitive exam coaching have seen steady growth in the past couple of months. This is in line with the users’ efforts in upskilling and searches for better job opportunities.”