EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced significant enhancements to the EMC®Velocity Solution Provider partner program, which will make EMC’s industry-leading cloud computing and Big Data technologies and solutions available to more customers – particularly in the rapidly growing mid-market segment. With continued emphasis on ensuring that Velocity Partners are well prepared to sell and service EMC products and solutions, customers can be confident of working with the industry’s most competent solution providers to support their business requirements.
The following program changes are effective immediately:
· New Target Products Rebate for Premier and Signature Partners – Provides top Velocity partners¹ with a predictable income stream via rebates paid on sales of targeted EMC technologies that align with company’s key mid-market initiatives. Eligible products include EMC VNX® and VNXe® unified storage, EMC Avamar® and EMC Data Domain® backup and recovery solutions, and server Flash caching solution, EMC VFCache™. This rebate is paid from the first sale and is in addition to EMC’s existing performance-based Specialty2 rebate.
· Changes to Velocity Specialty Requirements Focus on Fortifying Selling Capabilities
– The program no longer requires partners to earn an implementation certification to achieve a Specialty2. While EMC encourages partners to become services-enabled, removing this requirement from the reseller program now allows pure-play resellers a more direct path to achieving Velocity Specialties, where benefit opportunities accelerate. For partners who include services in their business model, EMC has strengthened its Velocity Services offerings (details below).
– There is no longer a revenue requirement for partners to achieve a Specialty.
– Three Specialties are now required for Signature (top tier) partners worldwide, reflecting the most advanced level of competency required of the top tier partners in positioning and selling a broad range of EMC’s technologies.
· EMC Isilon Partner Program Integrated into Velocity Program – Former Isilon partners can now become eligible for Velocity benefits on other EMC products, and existing EMC resellers can become eligible to earn benefits from selling Isilon – all within the integrated Velocity program.
· More Products Eligible for Financial Benefits in Velocity Specialties – To help partners align their portfolio with the growing demand for cloud and Big Data solutions, the following products are now eligible for financial benefits within the Backup and Recovery Specialty: EMC Mozy® cloud backup, EMC Atmos® object-based cloud storage platform, and EMC Centera® content addressable storage. EMC Isilon® scale-out network attached storage platform is also now eligible for benefits within the Consolidated Specialty.
· Amplified Demand Generation: More Market Development Funds (MDF)3, More Qualified Leads – EMC is doubling its investment in demand generation funds, programs, and resources to develop highly qualified opportunities for partners and accelerate revenue growth.
· Velocity Services Invests in Enhanced Tools, Offerings, and Resources to Accelerate Services Enablement with Partners:
– Expanded library of online and video-instructor-led servicestraining provides a more convenient and efficient way for partners to access EMC’s industry-recognized EMC Proven Professional technical training.
– New online labs allow partners to more efficiently and effectively hone practical implementation skills on EMC technology in a proctored virtual environment.
– New offering in the EMC Cooperative Services portfolio provides partners EMC guidance on their solution design, as well as post-implementation review. As with all EMC Cooperative Service offerings, the partner maintains full control of the customer relationship, and has the depth of EMC expertise in the background to ensure quality implementations.
“We are delighted to enhance our Velocity Channel Partner Program. Our channel partners are of utmost priority to us. Right from educating customers about the benefits of cloud computing and virtualized storage, to deploying EMC storage products and implementing architecture and design solutions, the role of the channel is central to our success. The changes we’ve made to the Velocity Solution Provider program are focused on helping partners optimize their offerings in cloud computing and big data, so that they are able to meet the customer demands, providing them with our best-in-class solutions.” said Praveen Sahai, Vice President – Channels, EMC India & SAARC .
“Moreover, channel enablement is the key to success and we’ll work towards developing efficient models to create competent channel workforce. We would also like to leverage the channel exclusivity by nurturing and incentivize our channel with exclusive channel only products and hope to continue that model with more such upgrades.”he added.