Veeam® Software announced the NEW Veeam Availability Orchestrator (VAO) v3 and NEW DR Pack at the premiere of online data management event. These provides the business organizations up to 80% cost savings and simultaneously helps them receive a purpose-built disaster recovery (DR) planning and compliance solution for the different workloads which simplifies and improves the DR and business continuity. Veeam helps the company to get an insight of what the company is planning for it’s upcoming product releases.
Danny Allan, CTO and Senior Vice President of Product Strategy at Veeam said that currently VeeamON is focusing on the importance of data for the business success as the customers are continously undergoing a digital transformation. It aims for an agile business by automating the manually intensive processes and producing better business value by unlocking the dormant data. VAO v3 provides intelligent solution for business continuity, disaster recovery and migration operations. Using the advanced recovery technology it eliminates the manual, time-consuming and repetitive processes. With the NEW DR Pack, they are changing the game for enterprise-grade DR by providing automation capabilities at a price currently not present in the market. This new release coordinates the full recovery support for NetApp ONTAP snapshots. VAO v3 offers a wide range of capabilities which can help the businesses to achieve the required levels of DR planning and compliance by automated testing, dynamic documentation and execution of the disaster recovery plans.
The new VAO v3 provides additional support for extensible recovery orchestration from an array-based replication for all the NetApp ONTAP customers. With the help of this new feature, Storage Orchestration Plans, it will allow the customers to organize and understand the failover on NetApp ONTAP storage to a secondary recovery site.
VAO enables Veeam and NetApp ONTAP users to:
- To offer maximum service availability. It provides nearly zero RTOs and RPOs for all the applications and data with full recovery support for the NetApp ONTAP snapshots as well as Veeam-powered backups.
- Helps in providing enhanced operational efficiencies by eliminating manual,intensive and expensive processes with just one-click and an automated DR and migrations.
- Planning with total confidence- It constantly validates the recoverability and compliance of DR plans with an automatic and non-disruptive testing and documentation.
VAO v3 also makes necessary Disaster Recovery (DR) planning which is accessible for all workloads with a new DR Pack offer. It is ideal for current users of Veeam Backup & ReplicationTM or Veeam Availability SuiteTM as it provides an immediate purpose-built DR planning and compliance solution.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v5: Due to the current pandemic situation, as all the work is happening remotely the need for video conferencing has seen a huge up-surge. Microsoft Teams have more than 75 million daily active users. NEW Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v5 makes it easier for the users to restore and find documents and files from within Microsoft Teams. It is Veeam’s fastest growing product with over downloads by more than 120,000 organizations. The latest version provides fastest and easiest recoveries for Team data in the industry.
Veeam will provide an different approach to native backup and recovery for Microsoft Teams with the following capabilities:
- Reliable Teams Backup: It actively protects Teams data.
- Industry-leading Restores: Provides a fast and easy recovery experience.
- Unmatched eDiscovery: Enables granular search and find across Teams components.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v5 will be generally available in Q3, 2020.
Veeam Availability Suite : Multiple global enterprises are getting disrupted in their digital transformation journeys due to lack of reliable technologies and out-dated systems. Veeam provides a look into the few select new features which have been slated for the future updates to Veeam’s flagship product, Veeam Availability Suite. It is popularly known as the next generation of data protection with enhanced capabilities of data availability, portability, and extensibility of modern data environments.
The multiple new features of the upcoming Veeam Availability Suite have been demonstrated in the following three areas:
- Near Continuous Data Protection (CDP): It provides VM replication with Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) .
- Object Storage Integrations: Leverage the cloud to extend scale-out backup repository capacity with Google Cloud Storage support for Capacity Tier, reduce long term retention costs with AWS Glacier, AWS Glacier Deep Archive and Microsoft Azure Blob Storage Archive Tier support for Archive Tier.
- Instant Recovery: Provides instant recovery with instant recovery of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases, and any backup to a Microsoft Hyper-V VM, and instant publishing of NAS Backup content.