Toshiba Corporation (TOKYO:6502) today announced that it has launched the industry’s first1 High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI®) to MIPI® Display Serial Interface (DSI) bridge IC for consumer and industrial applications that use small form-factor LCD displays. Samples are now available, with mass production scheduled to start in December this year.
The “TC358779XBG” converts HDMI® video input and outputs it as a MIPI® DSI video stream output. This will promote adoption of MIPI®-compliant small form-factor LCD displays in applications that include game accessories, wearable computers and head-mounted products.
The product also integrates video preprocessing functions—video de-interlacing, scaling and format conversion—and supports multiple audio interfaces, including the I2S, TDM, S/PDIF and MIPI® Serial Low-power Inter-chip Media Bus (SLIMbus®) audio formats.
Key Features of New Product
1. The industry’s first device that converts HDMI® video input and outputs it as a MIPI® DSI video stream.
2. Integrated video de-interlacing, scaling and format conversion contribute to lower memory bandwidth and video processing requirements on host processors.
3. HDMI® 1.4 RX support
– Up to 1080P @ 60fps video format (RGB, YCbCr444: 24-bpp, YCbCr422 24-bpp)
– HDCP 1.3
– 3D support
4. Available in any of the four audio interfaces: I2S, TDM, SPDIF or SLIMbus®
5. Maximum 1Gbps/lane link speed MIPI® DSI interface
6. Maximum 165MHz clock speed HDMI® interface