Today launches its Solution Exhibition located at the Xin-Yi Eslite store in Taipei during COMPUTEX-2018, showcasing its first Mesh Wi-Fi router, MR2200ac, along with the updated Synology Router Manager (SRM) 1.2. Also unveiled at the exhibition are enterprise-level data protection solution Active Backup for Business, Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) Pro with advanced features, the latest Surveillance Station 8.2, DiskStation Manager (DSM) 6.2, with many software feature updates. In addition, a series of new DiskStation and RackStation models are introduced to the public for the first time.
“Users have been the driving force behind all development efforts at Synology. Through extensive communication with our users, we uncover their needs and respond swiftly with new innovations thanks to our strong software development team. At the Synology Solution Exhibition, we are excited to receive user and partner feedback for us to continue delivering products that best satisfy user needs.” said Derren Lu, CEO Synology Inc.
Revolutionary mesh network management experience: Synology Mesh Router MR2200ac and SRM 1.2:
Synology’s first mesh router, MR2200ac, comes with Qualcomm IPQ4019 quad-core CPU and tri-band Wi-Fi, allowing users to expand Wi-Fi coverage through flexible deployment. All Wi-Fi connections and devices can be managed via one platform—SRM. Additionally, settings and remote management can be operated through both a web interface and a dedicated mobile app—DS router.
SRM 1.2 comes with more granular configurations, such as user profile creation, detailed traffic management, advanced web filters, and whitelisting features. With the integration of third-party databases, such as Google Safe Browsing and DNS/IP threat intelligence, home users and IT Admins can enjoy a hassle-free yet powerful network management experience.
Centralized backup and virtualization solution: Active Backup for Business and Virtual Machine Manager (VMM):
Active Backup for Business provides complete protection for various workloads from PCs, Windows and Linux servers, and virtual machines. The support for Changed Block Tracking (CBT) technology only backs up modified blocks, while global deduplication detects and deletes duplicated files. These enhance backup efficiency and reduce unnecessary storage consumption.
VMM enables users to run virtual machines in a cluster infrastructure with up to seven Synology NAS. With its flexible scalability and live migration tool, VMM optimizes load balancing and resource allocation. The new VMM Pro supports schedulable backup and replication of virtual machines to another Synology NAS, safeguarding digital business assets. Virtual machines and physical servers can be backed up via Active Backup for Business and restored on VMM, achieving Physical-to-Virtual (P2V) disaster recovery and effectively minimizing RTO.
LiveCam, a new application in Surveillance Station 8.2, can turn your spare smartphone into an IP camera. An upgraded Application Center comes with 26 applications and utilities to help users manage extensions without hassle.
An Elevated User Experience: DSM 6.2 and brand new NAS models:
After the eight-month-long beta program with over 71,000 participating NAS, Synology announced the official release of DSM 6.2, which delivers a more reliable, efficient, and secure NAS experience. DSM 6.2 supports the new Advanced LUN, which increases sequential writing performance by 46%, provides lightning-fast snapshots, and completes a recovery within seconds.
The revamped Synology High Availability (SHA) 2.0 greatly reduces initial cluster setup time. A brand new system overview and resource monitor allow administrators to have more in-depth control of active and passive servers. A renewed interface allows users to troubleshoot with easy-to-follow instructions, minimizing service downtime.
A host of new NAS models are also launched to satisfy a wide range of users’ deployment needs, including the Intel® Celeron® J3455-powered DS1019+, compact DS619slim, highly-scalable DS2419+, brand new 2U RackStation RS1219+, and RS1619xs+, the first Synology 1U XS series flagship.
New Synology Solutions and Products Feature Highlights:
Mesh Router MR2200ac
• AC2200 tri-band Wi-Fi
• Single SSID and seamless roaming with 802.11 k/v/r support
• Manage all Wi-Fi points and devices from a single pane of glass
• Guest Wi-Fi designed with features such as a guest portal, scheduling, and password rotation
• Easy setup and remote management from web client or mobile app
Synology Router Manager 1.2
• The new Safe Access package provides smarter ways for parents and schools to manage Internet access such as user-based access controls, activity tracking, and reports.
• Integration of Google Safe Browsing & DNS/IP threat intelligence are offered to enhance web security
• Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) automatically drops any detected malicious packets with intelligent optimization to assure the best performance.
Active Backup for Business:
• Backup servers, virtual machines, and entire computers to thoroughly protect business distributed workloads
• Changed Block Tracking (CBT) technology performs incremental backups instead of a full backup every time, increasing backup efficiency
• Built-in global deduplication technology saves more on hardware, reducing storage consumption
• Integrated with Synology Virtual Machine Manager to replicate a production environment for instant application availability and verification of backups on Synology VMM for better restoration reliability
DiskStation Manager 6.2
• Advanced LUN with refined snapshot technology enables snapshots to be taken within seconds
• Storage Manager level up: The storage pool now replaces RAID group and disk group to unify storage structures, providing a consistent and smooth storage management experience
• Intelligent techniques to detect an abnormal login and provide daily and monthly reports
• TLS/SSL Profile Levels provide a more advanced way to provide a customized solution to suit the security requirements of different networks
Surveillance Station 8.2
• Brand new LiveCam can turn your smartphone into an IP cam and record as you go, breaking through the confines of conventional deployment
• Revamped DS cam provides a streamlined user interface and extraordinary performance
• SmartTime Lapse condenses a few day’s worth of recordings into seconds and dynamically reduces playback speed when specific events are detected
• Live Broadcast enables live stream on YouTube
• Dual Authorization assures secured access to video records with a more restricted authorization process
• Intel® Celeron® J3355 processor with built-in AES-NI hardware encryption engine
• Hot-swappable 2.5″ drive bay design
• 2 GB DDR3L expandable up to 8 GB
• Dual 1GbE (RJ-45) ports support Failover and Link Aggregation
• Intel® Celeron® J3455 processor with built-in AES-NI hardware encryption engine
• 4 GB DDR3L expandable up to 8 GB
• Onboard M.2 NVMe SSD slots
• Dual 1GbE (RJ-45) ports support Failover and Link Aggregation
• Intel® Atom® C3538 Quad-Core with built-in AES-NI hardware encryption engine, 4 GB DDR4 expandable up to 32 GB
• Onboard M.2 SSD dual card M2D18, increasing cache IOPS
• Scale up to 24 drives with a Synology DX1215
• Four 1GbE (RJ-45) ports support Failover and Link Aggregation
• Optional 10GbE add-on card to increase transmission performance
• Intel® Atom® C2538 Quad-Core with built-in AES-NI hardware encryption engine, 2 GB DDR3 expandable up to 16 GB
• Brand new 2U 8-bay rackmount with scalability on demand
• Scale up to 12 drives with a Synology RX418
• 12-inch depth chassis design
• Four 1GbE (RJ-45) ports and optional 10GbE add-on card to optimize transmission performance
• Intel® Xeon® D-1527 Quad-Core 2.2 GHz with built-in AES-NI hardware encryption engine, adopted 8 GB DDR4 expandable up to 64 GB
• Onboard M.2 NVMe/ SATA SSD slots, increasing random IOPS performance
• Scale up to 16 drives with a Synology RX1217 / RX1217RP
• Four 1GbE (RJ-45) ports and optional 10GbE add-on card to optimize Internet management and transmission performance