NETGEAR®, a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers today announced the roll out of GS108PP Gigabit Ethernet switch housing 8 Gigabit copper ports in a desktop metal case which is also wall-mountable.
The switch also provides the reliability businesses needs. 802.1p traffic prioritization and jumbo frame support, enabling smoother integration with more sophisticated networks.
Other Salient Features Of The GS108PP Gigabit Ethernet Switch Include:
Plug and Play:
The standards-based Gigabit switches detect and adjust for network speed and cabling type automatically. It also easily integrates into your existing Ethernet network – whether it is running at 10/100Mbps or Gigabit speed.
• Simple set up with no software or configuration required
• Front panel LEDs keeps you aware of power status, link speed and link activities
• You can also prioritise mission-critical applications such as voice and video Support IEEE 802.1 p and DSCP-based QoS for delivering data based on priority and type
High Quality and Reliable Performance:
• Excellent network performance at non-blocking rate furnishes true Gigabitspeed with no compromise
• Sturdy metal case and long product life
GS108PP also supports the latest Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE802.3az) standard, which shrinks energy consumption when there is light traffic on an active port or when there is no link or no activity detected. It can further save energy when a short cable (<100m) is used. Energy savings is directly involved with low operating expenditures.
The GS108PP is a PoE/PoE+ switch that support PoE 802.3af and PoE+ 802.3at on all 8 ports. The total max PoE budget for GS108PP is 123W.