NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), a leading provider of networking equipment for homes and small-to-medium businesses (SMBs), is launching its first wireless access point offering easy management through the new NETGEAR Insight mobile app. The NETGEAR AC WiFi Business Access Point (WAC510) delivers high performance for small business, such as cafés, doctor offices and other service industry locations, requiring reliable WiFi for business applications and high-density public WiFi.
Instead of requiring a separate wireless controller at an additional cost, the WAC510 is managed by the new NETGEAR Insight app designed for mobile interfaces, offering the industry’s easiest-to-use experience for business access point deployment.
The WAC510 Access Point also features the latest Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology to achieve aggregate WiFi speeds up to 1.2Gbps* and offers two Ethernet ports, including a Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) 1GbE port.
“What could be simpler and more time-efficient than setting up and monitoring your access points through your smartphone or tablet?” said Marthesh Nagendra, Country Manager, India and SAARC, NETGEAR. “The combination of performance, features, lifetime warranty and ease-of-management through our new Insight app makes the new WAC510 Access Point simply the smartest, most affordable option for businesses needing to scale their WiFi to support a growing number of users and devices.”
“The most simple way to setup or manage your wireless infrastructure is to get manageability through app. Insight app targets those customers, admins who always want to check there wireless network status on the go any time using smart phone. Small Hotel chains and SMB customers who do not want to buy wireless controllers and have smaller setup of Access Points to manage can always opt for Insight managed Access Point which are backed by robust NETGEAR Lifetime Warranty. IT managers of the future are going to be very smartphone-centric, and the NETGEAR Insight app is a great compliment to next generation breed of IT Managers.” said Manab Mallick, Technical Head, India & SAARC, NETGEAR.
Top Technical Features:
· Easy, flexible installation and simplified centralized management of the WAC510 without additional hardware through the new NETGEAR Insight mobile app
· High performance, business-class WiFi with superior dual band Wave 2 802.11ac performance and range due to 2×2 with two streams of data for aggregate throughput of up to 1.2 Gbps* (300 Mbps at 2.4GHz and 900 Mbps at 5GHz)
· MU-MIMO technology to avoid congestion and reliably enable maximum performance in high-density sites such as public WiFi hotspots
· Two Ethernet ports, including one Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) 1GbE 802.3af port for easy, single-wire deployment of a PoE switch
· Two modes of operation include a router mode for single WAC510 deployment in a small office, or access point mode for multiple WAC510 deployment in a larger scenario
· Compact, elegant design with two mounting options for optimum placement on the wall or ceiling