With more global organizations transforming IT operations to keep pace with evolving business requirements, NetApp has steadily enhanced its comprehensive system and software portfolio to provide the flexibility and choice required for current and future enterprise application environments. Today, NetApp introduced two new storage system platforms—the extreme-performance FAS8080 EX and the entry value-priced FAS2500. With the FAS8080 EX growing organizations and service providers can confidently drive the performance-intensive SAN and NAS workloads at the largest scale. The new entry-level FAS2500 hybrid arrays can simplify operations, increase productivity through superior integration with ecosystem, extend system life and minimize future costs.
Technology News in Depth
- Extreme performance and scale with the NetApp FAS8080 EX: NetApp’s most powerful, patented scale-out array ever, FAS8080 EX is purpose-built for the most-demanding business-critical applications. The resilient FAS8080 EX scales to ~4 million IOPS of performance and offers advanced quality-of-service capabilities for predictable performance that meets or exceeds challenging service-level objectives. For high-speed, low-latency applications, the FAS8080 EX can be configured either as an all-flash array with >4.6PB (petabytes) of flash storage or as a hybrid array with an industry-leading flash cache of nearly half a petabyte. Additionally, the FAS8080 EX dynamically responds to growing data requirements with seamless scaling to nearly 70PB of capacity and more than 600 I/O connections, which are critical for service providers and large organizations that are consolidating workloads.
- · Superior price/performance with NetApp FAS2500: Setting a new standard for value, the FAS2500 offers expanded flash support to accelerate workloads by up to 46% and increase usable capacity by 48%. With enterprise-class data management capabilities, the FAS2500 harnesses the power of its patented NetApp Data ONTAP® storage operating system to simplify data management across the entire enterprise IT environment—from the local office to the datacenter to the cloud. Organizations can scale operations seamlessly as their needs evolve. In addition, customers can better manage acquisition costs while mitigating risk of disruption to business operations. Customers can also reduce setup time and eliminate repetitive operations with software management capabilities that automate tasks with the click of a button.
- All flash FAS configurations that combine hardware performance with software intelligence:
NetApp maximizes the value of flash across the entire compute, network, and storage stack with the industry’s most comprehensive flash portfolio, improving efficiency and accelerating business-critical application performance. For customers who need the high performance and low latency of flash along with the enterprise reliability and extensive data management capabilities of Data ONTAP software, all-flash configurations of the FAS8000 are available. For example, all-flash configurations of the FAS8080 EX and FAS8060 provide an ideal solution for VDI deployments with high-IOPS and low latency requirements, and for business critical application database workloads. A new NetApp All-Flash FAS Reference Architecture for VDI – that delivers high performance and low cost per desktop – is now available. By offering a broad portfolio that includes both hybrid and all-flash storage offerings, NetApp is enabling IT organizations to optimize the level of performance, efficiency, and scalability to meet their specific needs. NetApp sold 18PB of flash in FY14 Q4, with 93PB of flash storage to date.
- Business critical application support: The complete FAS unified, scale-out storage system portfolio is designed to support the most demanding enterprise application workloads. The FAS unified scale-out architecture enables organizations to adapt quickly to changing business needs, while delivering on core IT requirements for uptime, scalability, and cost-efficiency. Enterprise applications, including those from Oracle, Microsoft, Citrix, and SAP, run fast, efficiently and reliably on NetApp. Our hybrid architecture, combined with our patented storage clustering technology, maximizes uptime and delivers low-latency performance to enable predictable application performance.
- NetApp Services for OnCommand® Insight: For enterprises and service providers who are required to manage their virtualized and cloud environments, OnCommand Insight provides a patented solution that enables storage cost management, rationalization, and optimization of storage services. NetApp Services for OnCommand Insight is a tailored service offering for customers who deploy high-end FAS8000 systems across heterogeneous datacenters. This comprehensive, customized service offering leverages NetApp resources, tools, and best practices to construct IT analytics with relevant dashboards and reporting capabilities that are aligned to a customer’s particular business parameters. Customers quickly achieve the business value they need to more effectively and self-sufficiently manage their physical, virtualized, and cloud environments.
Newest Storage Systems Offer a 90-Day Payment Holiday
NetApp is offering a 90 day payment holiday allowing customers to save while transitioning to the newest NetApp enterprise storage solutions.