McAfee Corp. (Nasdaq: MCFE), the device to cloud cybersecurity company, announced it has been positioned as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms”. In this report, Gartner evaluated McAfee, among 18 other vendors, based on its ability to execute and completeness of vision.
“We believe that McAfee’s position in the Leader’s quadrant validates we’re innovating at the pace and scale that meets the most stringent needs of our enterprise customers,” said Shishir Singh, Chief Product Officer, McAfee. “McAfee is at the forefront of innovation when it comes to endpoint security platforms—MVISION XDR provides proactive and actionable context across key vectors to simplify, accelerate and automate threat validation and response across the enterprise thereby making the most of SOC resources and mitigating potential disruption to the business.”
Gartner defines an Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP) as, “Endpoint protection platforms provide the facility to deploy agents or sensors to managed endpoints including PCs, servers and other devices. These are designed to prevent a range of known and unknown malware and threats and to provide protection from such threats; in addition, they provide the ability to investigate and remediate any incidents that evade protection controls.”
Gartner says, “Leaders demonstrate balance and consistent progress and effort in all execution and vision categories. They have broad capabilities in advanced malware protection, and proven management capabilities for large enterprise accounts. Increasingly, Leaders provide holistic XDR platforms that allow customers to consolidate their other tools and adopt a single-vendor solution. However, a leading vendor isn’t a default choice for every buyer, and clients should not assume that they must buy only from vendors in the Leaders quadrant.
Some clients believe that Leaders are not a match for best-of-breed solutions and aren’t pursuing clients’ individual and particular needs. Leaders may be less able to quickly react to the market when Visionaries challenge the status quo.”
McAfee’s EPP incorporates MVISION Insights and integrates multiple and proven new innovations to help deliver the following key customer outcomes:
- Preempt attacks by “shifting-left” (engaging early) in the attack lifecycle with security posture scores, configuration assessment, and automated policies and updates
- Prevent advanced malware with integrated native OS controls, behavioral blocking, exploit prevention, machine learning, and file-less threat defense
- Simplify investigation and response to sophisticated threat campaigns with unified Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) capabilities that include continuous monitoring, multi-sensor telemetry, AI-guided investigations, MITRE ATT&CK mapping, and real-time hunting
- Diminish the impact of a ransomware attack with enhanced remediation capabilities, which can roll back the destructive effect of a ransomware attack by restoring affected files and negating the need for system reimaging
- Gain operational efficiencies with a cloud-delivered and unified endpoint solution that reduces the total cost of operations and complexity