- Large Capacity KC310 Doubles Storage of Existing Kingston Business SSDs
- Eight-Channel Controller Provides High-Level SATA 3 Performance
- Advanced Flash ECC Provides End-to-End Data Protection
Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today, announced the 960GB SSDNow KC310 solid-state drive, its largest business-class SSD. KC310 is a true HDD replacement as its large capacity allows users to store more data and applications. Powered by a Phison PS3110-S10 quad-core, eight-channel controller, KC310 provides unsurpassed SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) performance delivering high read/write speeds and IOPS.
KC310 is an ideal SSD for entry-level servers and datacenter hosting companies looking for more storage. The drive provides end-to-end data protection through Advanced SmartECC™ and Flash error code correction. Data can be rebuilt in the event of an error allowing for extended NAND durability and reliability. The addition of firmware-based power loss protection helps maintain data integrity as data is constantly moved to NAND to minimize the amount of time it stays in the cache.
“Kingston is proud to add this drive to its line of business SSDs, for users who want or need nearly 1TB in storage,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “Corporate customers looking to upgrade client systems will also find KC310 ideal for entry-level servers with its combination of read/write speeds, IOPS, high capacity and advanced data protection.”
The KC310 960GB SSD will be soon available in India at an approximate MRP of Rs. 46,000 and will be backed by a three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
KC310 Features and Specifications:
· High Capacity: more room to store applications and data
· High Performance: allows user to fully exploit the potential of their systems while enhancing productivity
· End-to-end data protection: provides intelligent data error correction for advanced data reliability
· Firmware-based power loss protection: enables drive to recover from unsafe power shutdown
· Supports S.M.A.R.T.: monitors the status of your drive
· Supports TRIM: maintains maximum performance on compatible operating systems
· Guaranteed: three-year warranty and free technical support
· Form factor: 2.5″
· Interface SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s): with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
· Capacities1: 960GB
· Controller: Phison 3110
· Sequential Read/Write2: SATA Rev. 3.0 – up to: 550/520MB/s
· Maximum 4k Read/Write2: Up to 99,000/89,000 IOPS
· Random 4k Read/Write2: Up to 96,000/88,000 IOPS
· PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 80,700
· Enterprise S.M.A.R.T. Tools: reliability tracking, usage statistics, life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
· Total Bytes Written (TBW)3: 681TB 0.66 DWPD4
· Power Consumption: 0.54 W Idle / 0.67 W Avg / 1.66 W (MAX) Read / 3.26 W (MAX) Write
· Storage temperature: -40°C~85°C
· Operating temperature: 0°C~70°C
· Dimensions: 69.9mm x 100.1mm x 7.0mm
· Weight: 84g
· Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
· Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
· MTBF: 1 million hours
· Warranty/support: 3-year warranty with free technical support
1 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not
available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the
products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
2 Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev. 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware,
software, and usage. IOMETER Random 4k Random Read/Write is based on 8GB partition.
3 Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Client Workload (JESD219A).
4 Drive Writes Per Day (DWPD)
5 Operating system software support: Windows® 7 (SP1), Windows Vista® (SP2), Windows XP (SP3)
|KC310 960GB SSD|
|Part Number||Capacity and Features|
|SKC310S37A/960G||960GB stand-alone drive|
|SKC310S3B7A/960G||960GB upgrade bundle kit|
In addition to the KC310, Kingston also offers the KC300 series for corporate customers who require client management software to centrally manage and set security policies for its SSDs. KC300 SSDs support TCG Opal 2.0, IEEE 1667 and Microsoft eDrive, as well as feature an advanced power management and enterprise-grade S.M.A.R.T. attributes. These SSDs utilize the award-winning SandForce® SF2281 Flash controller and range in capacity from 60GB to 480GB. The KC300 SSDs are available in India and are backed by a three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.