Mumbai, India – November 19, 2013 − Kingston Technology, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of its new Solid State Drive, the SSDNow UV100 for India, in two variants – 60GB and 120GB. Kingston introduces the new SSDs for business class users who need better computing and which fits their budget. This SSD is cost effective and improves performance of the system by providing a 10x overall system boost when working with multiple applications simultaneously.
Kingston’s SSDNow UV100 solid-state drive (SSD) is a high-performance replacement for the hard drives, by dramatically improving the responsiveness of the system. The company introduces this new high speed memory product with a competitive pricing to cater to the growing needs of the Indian market. With the UV100 SSD, users can easily upgrade their PCs at a much lower cost without having to spend on buying a whole new system. Not only does this product save time when migrating data to a new system but also helps in reducing the amount of e-waste.
The new SSDNow UV100 drive scores more on speed as it shows a dramatic performance increase for enhanced productivity. It has no moving parts which makes this solid-state drive more reliable when compared to hard drives. The SSDNow UV100 is durable and has been tested to withstand drops and bumps. Moreover, it is energy efficient as it consumes less power and generates less heat than a hard drive.
Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston said, “India is an important market to us and we are happy to launch our SSDNow UV100 for the users here. Considering the warm response we have received from the end users and our partner community, we are introducing the new SSD in two capacities – 60GB and 120GB.” He added, “People in India are becoming more conscious of the benefits they get with solid state drives and we are happy to cater to their needs.”
The Kingston SSDNow UV100 will be available across all major retail outlets starting this week and would be backed by a two-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston® reliability.
Kingston SSDNow UV100 Features & Specifications:
· Form factor: 2.5″
· Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
· Capacities2: 60GB, 120GB
· Sequential Read/Write3: SATA Rev. 3.0 –
o 60GB – up to: 425/ 425MB/s
o 120GB – up to: 425/ 425MB/s
· Maximum 4k Read/Write3:
o 60GB – up to 65,000/26,000 IOPS
o 120GB – up to 50,000/50,000 IOPS
· Random 4k Read/Write3:
o 60GB – up to: 45,000/7,500 IOPS
o 120GB – up to: 37,000/14,000 IOPS
· PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 55,000
· Total Bytes Written (TBW)4:
o 60GB – 32TB
o 120GB – 64TB
· Power consumption:
o 0.08 W Idle / 0.108 W Avg. / 1.025 W (MAX) Read / 2.8 W (MAX) Write
· Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
· Operating temperature: 0°C~70°C
· Dimensions: 100.3mm x 69.9mm x 7mm
· Weight: 77.5g
· Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
· Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
· MTBF: 1 million hours
· Warranty/support: 2-year warranty with free technical support
1. Source: PC Mark Vantage HDD Suite
2. Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
3. Based on “out-of-box performance.” Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
4. Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Workload (JESD219A).
Kingston can be found on: