iBall has been hinting its projector phone for some time and today the company has placed the iBall Andi 4a Projector on its official website. The device sports a 10.16-cm (4-inch) (480×800 pixels) display, powered by 1 GHz Dual-Core Cortex A9 Processor and runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). It packs a 8-megapixel Auto focus camera with flash and a front-facing camera for video calling.
Whats unique is its 35 lumens projector that allows users to project digital media instantly up to 10 feet or 120-inch wide at a distance of 8 feet in VGA (480 x 640 pixels) resolution. The projector has a contrast ratio of 1200:1.
Intex was the first to bring a projector phone in 2010 after which Spice and Samsung launched the Popkron M-9000 and the Galaxy Beam in 2011 and last year respectivaly. iBall says that the Andi 4a Projector is the first smartphone to offer 35 lumens projection.
The iBall Andi 4a Projector would be priced at an Rs 18,999 according to the official website. It also comes with a free tripod.
Below are the key specs:
– 10.16-cm (4-inch) (480×800 pixels) display
– 35 lumens projector with VGA projection up to 10 feet by 8 feet
– 1 GHz Dual-Core Cortex A9 Processor
– Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
– Dual SIM support with dual standby
– 8MP Auto focus camera with LED flash
– 3.5mm audio jack
– 512MB RAM, 4GB Internal Memory (2GB user memory), expandable memory up to 32GB via micro SD card slot
– 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth with A2DP, GPS / aGPS
– 1500 mAh battery