Thursday, November 28, 2013: HTC has reportedly unveiled the Desire 501 smartphone today. The Desire 501 is one of two smartphones unveiled by the Taiwanese smartphone maker today, with the other one being the plastic HTC One replica, Desire 700. The device is a budget smartphones running Google’s Android OS and will be launched on the Taiwanese telecom player Chunghwa Telecom’s connections soon. It is priced at NT$9,900, which is equal to $334 in the US.
The HTC Desire 501 is powered by a 1.15 GHz dual core processor and has a 10.9-cm (4.3-inch) WVGA display. In addition, it has 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage. The device runs on a 2,100 mAh batter and has the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. It has an 8 mega pixel rear camera and a 2.1 mega pixel front snapper.
The device will reportedly be available in white, black and pink colours, but it is not known if or when it will be launched globally.
The complete specifications of the device are as follows.
– Dimensions: 128.5-mm × 66.9-mm × 9.8-mm, weighing 130 grams
– 10.9-cm (4.3-inch) WVGA display
– 1.15GHz dual-core processor
– Android 4.1 and Sense UI
– 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
– Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi b/g /n, DLNA, microUSB port, Built-in NFC
– 8MP rear camera, 2.1MP front camera
– 2100 mAh battery