ARES Touch 2015 for Android Joins ARES Commander for Windows, Mac and Linux to provide users a Unique Cross-Device CAD Experience
Far more than a simple viewer or editor, ARES Touch 2015 is a complete professional CAD solution, using the same acclaimed engine powering ARES Commander on Microsoft® Windows®, Mac OS X® and Linux®. To address the fast-growing tablet market on Android platform, Graebert ensured no compromises were made in features or performance, with capabilities including:
▪ Native DWG support: create and modify drawings in the same format without import or export
▪ An intuitive user interface that is completely optimized for touch and offers an easy transition for any CAD professional
▪ Synchronize your projects with the Cloud via Dropbox® and soon Google drive as well as other services. You are not linked to cloud storage from Graebert, customers can choose the solution that best fits their needs.
▪ A complete set of tools to not only review, but create or modify drawings on the go
▪ Designed for tablets of size 7’’ or more. One can also run ARES Touch on a smartphone but mostly for viewing due to the size of the screen.
Gartner® predicts a total of 320 million tablet sales worldwide in 2015, versus just 316 million PC sales (desktops and laptops) with Android making up 62% of worldwide aggregate tablet sales.
ARES Touch is the first CAD application to include an open API for developers to easily and quickly migrate their applications from desktop to mobile. Previously, developers of vertical applications had to redevelop apps from scratch when moving to mobile. With ARES Touch, any add-on created for ARES Commander or AutoCAD® can now be migrated painlessly to mobile. As a result, developers can maintain the same core stream of code for desktop and mobile platforms and only need to focus their development on Touch UI adaptation.
“While we believe users will keep using their PC for heavy duty CAD tasks, we see a growing demand for agility to work from multiple devices including tablets and smartphones and are very excited to introduce ARES Touch 2015 to meet that pent-up need,” said Wilfried Graebert, CEO and founder of Graebert GmbH. Graebert is a pioneer in developing high-performance CAD solutions across desktop and mobile devices.
“Interested customers can follow @graebertindia on Twitter or Graebert India on Facebook or contact Graebert India directly at firstname.lastname@example.org . Users of ARES Commander 2015 will have the privilege to receive ARES Touch 2015 for free this year”, said Surya Sarda, Director of Marketing & Business Development, Graebert India.
Users of ARES Commander will receive ARES Touch for free and vice-versa, for the duration of their Graebert subscription. When Graebert customers buy a license of ARES Commander, they will receive a license of ARES Touch for their Android tablets (one license of ARES Touch allows you to use it on all your Android tablets).