Capgemini, one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, today announced the names of the companies that will participate in the second season of Capgemini Super Techies Show. The one-of-its-kind reality television show, for technology professionals, will see a representation of leading technology stalwarts from global brands across India and North America.
The list of companies and their representing ‘top techies’ participating in the show this year includes:
- Edsel Pereira, Vice President – Information Technology, GLENMARK PHARMA
- Venkatesh Natarajan, CIO and Head of IT, ASHOK LEYLAND
- Sreekanth Jayabalan, Head IT – South Asia, Hindustan Unilever Limited
- KR Krishnakumar, CEO, JSoft Solutions Ltd – part of JSW group
- Shane Owenby, Managing Director – Asia Pacific, AMAZON WEB SERVICES
- Girish Rao, Head-IT, Marico Limited
- Shrinath Bolloju, Group COO, Deutsche Bank, India
- Himanshu Patil, COO, VIDEOCON d2h
- Debashis Roy, Vice President-IT, CESC LTD.
- V Manohar, Head – Information Management, India & South Asia, AKZONOBEL
- Nishant Rao, Country Manager, LinkedIn, India
- Peter Coffee, VP and Head of Platform Research, SALESFORCE.COM
The adjudicating stalwarts will present real-life ‘technology-business’ challenges to 18 Indian and 8 North American teams of young IT professionals. The teams were hand-picked from thousands of registrations, after a stringent 28 day period selection process, which was based on gauging the applicant’s technology skills and business problem-solving abilities.
The Super Techies Show brings together the prevailing IT challenges, impacting global enterprises, with the creative and innovative approaches that are needed to tackle these challenges,” commented Aruna Jayanthi, CEO, Capgemini India. “We are confident that the second season of the Show will provide a platform for IT professionals to come up with innovative ideas, applying exciting technologies to solve real-life business issues.
With the involvement of reputed technology frontrunners and their extended support in nurturing the participants, the show will create a desired platform to bridge up the knowledge arbitrage amongst technology professionals; and will also equip the participants to become the next-gen technology leaders,” Aruna further added. itvoice
Capgemini Super Techies Show will be on air from 21st September 2013 and will comprise a total of 13 episodes, of which nine will be league episodes, focused on solving business challenges around Big Data, Social, Mobility, Cloud and Infrastructure Services. The nine league episodes will be conducted in pools of three. Each 30 minute episode will feature 2 Indian teams and 1 North American team presenting their technology solutions, in response to an Indian or North American based company’s business challenge.
The jury, comprising of senior technology leaders from the participating companies, established technologists and subject matter experts from Capgemini, will award points to each team based on their solution. The team that wins a particular episode moves on to the pool semi-finals. The 3 teams that win the 3 pool semi-finals will compete in the extended 13th episode – a one hour Grand Finale of the Capgemini Super Techies Show.