a leading provider of ICT-based business solutions announced the launch of SV600, a new lineup in the ScanSnap series, which delivers simple and speedy paper-to-PDF digitization in a compact design. The very first of its kind, SV600 pioneers a design unrivalled that of others yet has the prowess of conventional book scanning with optimum sophistication.
SV600 is a new document scanner which utilizes a new technology “VersatileImaging Technology” (hereafter referred to as VI Technology) to maintain the user friendliness and high image quality.
SV600 offers scanning of large size documents (up to A3 size) as well as bound books directly in document quality*1 which are particular in ScanSnap series for its sharp scanned image data. Inheriting the symbolic “One Touch” feature from the ScanSnap Series and equipped with “Book Image Correction”*2 (to correct distortion caused by the curve of an opened book) and “Page Turning Detection”, various media can be converted into digital data without hassle.
The scanner is bundled with software for Windows® OS, and software for Mac OS (Driver software, business card management software, OCR software)*3 is scheduled to be available for download by the end of 2013.
The prowess of SV600 led Fujitsu to support digitizing media that cannot be scanned easily until now, and will continue to evolve customers’ lifestyle.
The Highlights of SV600
VI Technology combines deep depth of field lens, high directivity LED lamp and CCD linear image sensor to minimize the unevenness in image quality when scanning and produce uniform document quality. With this technology, even large size documents and bound books can be digitized easily.
(1) Able to scan newspaper or magazines of any size (up to A3 size*4)
No more hassle to cut or fold thick documents such as newspaper, books and magazines for preparation to scan. Simply place them on the scanning pad provided and they can be scanned directly with ease. Even documents with sticky notes can be scanned directly without any effort to remove them.
(2) Preserve your precious paintings, books and originals (up to A3 size*4)
SV600 is able to scan without touching the surface, so there are no worries when scanning important documents such as precious books, photos, original copy of contract, as well as documents that may be damaged by touching such as crayon or oil paintings.
2. All-in-one model to create your own digital books
Equipped with book image correction and page turning detection*6 to facilitate speed scanning books with optimal precision. It is also bundled with “Rack2-Filer Smart with Magic Desktop”. SV600 is the all-in-one model to organize and compile scanned images into a digital book.
(1) Book Image Correction
SV600 is equipped with “Book Image Correction” to correct the distortion caused by the curve of an opened book. Scanned images can be confirmed and fine tuned on the preview dialog, thus image data of scanned magazines and books can be as sharp as scanned image of cut sheet paper.
(2) Page Turning Detection
SV600 is equipped with “Page Turning Detection” to automatically detect when a page is turned during scanning. Users can digitize a book in just one touch which makes continuous page scanning becomes efficient
(3) Easy Book Creation
The new feature of “Rack2-filer Smart”, “Easy Book Creation”, can automatically set the size of the display according to the size of the scanned book on the virtual bookshelf and create thumbnails using the scanned front and spine of the book. This function has been added to enhance the operation from scanning to digitalizing books in a simple manner.
3. Various functions to achieve simple, compact and speedy scanning
(1) Fast start up time and scanning speed
SV600 is ready to scan in 3 seconds after switching on the scanner. Furthermore, less than 3 seconds*7 are needed for scanning large A3 size documents. This high speed scanning means users can be stress free when scanning.
(2) Equipped with “Multiple Document Detection” that enables scanning and cropping multiple documents in one scan
With the “Multiple Document Detection” function, multiple documents can be automatically scanned and cropped in only one scan when positioning in the scan area. Users can save time and hassle by placing several business cards, related photos, memos etc at once and let SV600 do the cropping intelligently.
(3) Bundled with a full line up of useful software
SV600 is bundled with “Adobe® Acrobat® Standard” for editing PDF files and “CardMinder” for managing business cards; which equips the user to utilize the scanner right after purchase.
List price and release date of SV600
List price and scheduled release dates may vary in different sales regions.
Product Home Page
- Fujitsu global site product information
- Fujitsu Portal Site
- ScanSnap, ScanSnap Manager, CardMinder, Rack2-filer Smart and Magic Desktop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of PFU Limited in Japan.
- Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of US Microsoft Corporation in the United States, Japan and/or other countries.
- Mac OS is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- Adobe and Acrobat are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
- ABBYY and FineReader is a trademark of ABBYY.
- Other company names and product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.