BANGALORE, India – Dec. 9, 2013 – Freescale® Semiconductor (NYSE: FSL), a global leader in embedded processing solutions, along with iWave Systems Technologies, a Bangalore based Product Engineering Services company, are today demonstrating a range of technology innovation. The innovations developed by iWave Systems and based on Freescale technology include a Wi-Fi enabled Skin and Tooth Analyser, Smart MIPI camera, WEC2013 on Freescale’s i.MX6 SDP and iWave’s i.MX6 development board, System on Module (SOMs), Development Boards, Single Board Computer and many others that will benefit Industrial, Medical and Automotive domains.
Commenting at the Demo Showcase, Mr Vivek Tyagi, Country Sales Director, Freescale Semiconductor India Pvt. Ltd. said, “At Freescale, it has been our constant endeavour to consumerise technology innovation. It is a great opportunity for us to have iWave as a partner. The products developed by iWave are unique and have already been adopted by many overseas customers, especially from Europe and Japan. Especially, the new product the Wi-Fi enabled Skin and Tooth Analyser developed by iWave will be a boon to the medical and healthcare industry. We are committed to provide support to our customers to develop innovative solutions in today’s fast evolving marketplace.”
Mr. M.A. Mohamed Saliya, Managing Director, iWave Systems Technologies said, “In order to sustain our leadership position, we continue to develop new System on Modules (SOMs) using the latest SoC’s like Vybrid™ controller solutions, i.MX7 and i.MX8 from Freescale. Besides the SOMs, in order to ease the product development by our customers, we offer reference designs and the platform software for the customers to develop their applications faster as a proof of concept. Our platform software also called BSP (Board Support Package) ranges from Embedded Linux to Android, Windows Embedded Compact, QNX and so on. We have an edge over the competition, since our customers find it challenging to locate all these under one roof.”
Below are the details of the innovative solutions developed by iWave Systems that are based on Freescale’s technology.
· WEC2013 support for Freescale SDP/SDB: Windows Embedded Compact 2013 Board Support Package (BSP) for Freescale Semiconductor’s SABRE platform for smart devices based on the i.MX6 Quad applications processor. It includes the advanced features which enable the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to quickly prototype their solution around Freescale i.MX6 series processor together with the flexibility and robustness offered by Windows Embedded Compact 2013.
· Wi-Fi enabled skin and tooth analysers: Wireless video streaming has seen tremendous evolution since advances in wireless technologies such as 3G/4G-LTE and Wi-Fi. Continuing the legacy of innovations, iWave Systems has developed a Tooth and a Skin analyser using the wireless video streaming application running on Freescale’s i.MX53 and i.MX51 Embedded ARM Cortex A8 processor based platforms. The solution also offers video streaming to Apple’s iOS devices, such as the iPad and iPhone with custom built iOS applications.
· iW-RainboW-G15S (i.MX6 Solo/Dual Lite Pico ITX SBC): A Single Board Computer around Freescale’s i.MX6 Solo/Dual Lite processor. Pico-ITX is the industry standard form factor for Single Board Computer (SBC) measuring just 100mm x 72mm. iWave’s i.MX6 SBC is a highly integrated platform for increased performance in “Intelligent Industrial Control Systems, Industrial Human Machine Interface and Portable Medical Devices.”
· iW-RainboW-G15M-Q7 (i.MX6x Qseven SOM): This SOM is based on Freescale’s i.MX6 Quad/Dual/Dual Lite/Solo ARM® Cortex A9 core CPU @1GHz. The most challenging part of this design is the power management that we have accomplished to make our SOMs operate successfully in the temperature range of -40 to 85°C which suits different Industrial, Medical and Automotive applications.
· PCIe Support in Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7) on ARM Architecture: Though PCIe driver support is not available in Windows Embedded Compact 7, iWave’s BSP team has achieved a leap forward with the development of PCIe Bus driver for generic ARM platform and tested in Freescale’s i.MX6 CPU based iW-RainboW-G15D-Q7 Qseven development platform.
· Quad Display Solution on i.MX6Q Qseven Development Board: The iW-RainboW-G15D-Q7 development platform powered with i.MX6 Quad core CPU provides four display interfaces through two LVDS display interfaces, one 24bpp RGB LCD Display interface and one 1080p/720p HDMI interface from the i.MX6 CPU. Most interesting feature of this quad display development platform is that all the four displays can display different content independently.
· The MIPI camera will be showcased on the latest i.MX6 Qseven development platform. Likewise, the 7” multi touch capacitive LCD was also showcased with one of the latest i.MX6 Qseven development kits.