Webinars offer insights into EV charging and power integration
element14, an Avnet Community, has announced two upcoming webinars in time for back-to-school season, Seamless Power Integration: Ensuring the Safe Operation of Test & Measurement Racks on Thursday, September 7 at 9 a.m. C.T. and The Tech Driving Bi-directional EV Charging on Monday, September 11 at 11 a.m. C.T.
“We take pride in educating our community of makers, designers and engineers on the latest trending technologies,” said Dianne Kibbey, Global Head of Community and Social Media for element14. “We’re excited to share new EV charging insights as we continue to expand our product line-up to meet demand and also educate around the latest power integration solutions.”
Attendees of the Seamless Power Integration webinar will learn about:
- Strategies to integrate Power Distribution Units (PDUs) with Emergency Stop functionality, ensuring enhanced safety measures and minimized downtime in your test rack.
- Benefits of implementing remote management capabilities in your test rack, enabling flawless operations, power consumption monitoring, and remote issue troubleshooting.
- The functionalities of Intelligent Power Distribution Units (iPDUs), such as energy monitoring, sequenced switching, power cycling and how they can significantly enhance your test rack’s efficiency and performance.
- Practical insights and real-life examples showcasing the successful integration of power solutions in test and measurement racks.
- The latest technology trends and advancements in power integration, empowering you to stay informed in the dynamic field of test engineering.
Attendees of The Tech Driving Bi-directional EV Charging webinar can expect to learn about:
- How bidirectional charging is part of the answer to today’s global challenges of decarbonization and increasing energy demand.
- Power conversion topologies for bidirectional DC charging.
- An application example based on Infineon’s 50 kW reference design.
- Why secure communication is an important issue for electric vehicle charging.
- Solutions that go beyond power, such as control and security.
- How on-board chargers (OBCs) follow similar trends and solutions.
Following each of the webinars, there will be a short quiz where participants will be able to test the knowledge they learned and earn a certificate.