D-Link, a global leader in connectivity for home, small business, enterprise, and service providers, today announced the release of D-View 7, the latest version of its powerful network management software. D-View 7 is a web-based network management system designed to manage device configurations, performance, and troubleshooting.
“The latest version of D-View brings D-View 6’s standalone software platform to the web, letting users access D-View 7 from anywhere with browsers without the need for installing software”, says Antony Lai, Vice President of Business Networking. “We’ve added several new features and enhancements that give users more flexibility, including a more comprehensive view of their network.”
D-View 7 is a web-based, SNMP supported network management solution for D-Link business product lines. It can manage SNMP supported devices including switches, unified switches, unified APs, standalone APs, and third party SNMP devices. It can provide a centralized management platform to control, monitor, and configure multiple devices in different product lines. The new probe design can also support complex network environments like double/triple NAT, separated lab networks, and branch offices.
New features and benefits of D-View 7 include:
- License-based pay-for-what-you-need cost structure allowing users to purchase licenses based on the number of devices and locations to be managed
- Full featured free trial version able to manage up to 25 devices in 2 locations with no expiration date
- A convergent network solution that allows users to manage both wired and wireless devices
- Various views of network monitoring, such as device list, device relationships, and rack view showing the port status of switches
- Allows users to create multiple workspaces within D-View 7, with each workspace essentially acting as an independent network management system
D-View 7 is scheduled to launch in January, 2015.