ESET, a global pioneer in proactive protection for 25-years, have provided five security tips for Android users.
Five tips to maintain to avoid some common Android pitfalls Do not “bring your own disaster”
- Do not prefer your Android phone for work.
- Encrypt your phone and external SD card by Menu<Settings<Security<
Do not forget to double-lock
- Put PIN codes on individual apps such as Gmail, or Facebook by adding an extra layer of security along with the phone lock
Don’t forget where you put your stuff
- If your device is lost, use Gmail’s PC-based security system to sign the attacker out, under Account Activity on the main Gmail page, then select “Sign out All Other Sessions”.
- Dropbox is a particular risk, PIN lock it if possible. Do not save passwords in web browser, do not keep email addresses, or banking details in any note-taking app and lock your Google Drive. Educate employees, executives and vendors
Don’t fall for text scams
- Some trogan-ized apps will post a SMS as Security app to scam you. It might send you on wild chase through rogue websites.
Always have a backup plan
- Track your phone and always have a back up by adding the apps like My back up Pro and Super back up.