Bangalore, December 19, 2013 – Autodesk, Inc. , a world leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment creation software announced today that the next generation of Autodesk 360, shall lead the company’s vision of providing a project-centric cloud solution that covers all aspects of the design and engineering workflow.
Developed out of its India research and development facilities at Hyderabad, Autodesk 360 can help professional as well as amateur designers streamline their workflows, effectively collaborate, and quickly access and share their work anytime and from anywhere on a real time basis. The next generation of Autodesk 360 delivers a cloud based collaboration platform specifically for Design & Engineering Projects. It addresses the entire design & engineering workflow, from start to finish and includes the entire project team, not just the designers.
This continuous, unbroken workflow represents a significant productivity enhancement for users who had been accustomed to working on a file with one app, saving it, converting it, and then opening it up with another app to perform the next step in the design process. The net result is that users in the Architecture, Engineering, & Construction; Manufacturing; and Media & Entertainment industries will be able to do more, achieve better results faster and collaborate more effectively. As a hub for project and team collaboration, the next generation of Autodesk 360 allows all project collaborators access from any device, including desktops, tablets and mobile phones. Upon logging in to Autodesk 360, users view a real-time “dashboard” rollup of all of the data, projects, people, tasks, discussions, activities, issues and alerts that are associated with design or architecture projects that they are working on.
The Autodesk 360 Technology will feature the following capabilities:
· Projects: The new Autodesk 360 puts the project at the center, connecting all data, activities and people in a single cloud-based user experience.
· Search: Autodesk 360 incorporates deep search functionality helps you find exactly what you’re looking for. Find critical design information within the context of the project.
· Collaboration: Autodesk 360 organizes and provides access to all project information –not just design data – to all project team members, via a great user experience on any device at any time.
· Viewing: Autodesk 360 works with virtually any data type, not just Autodesk formats, including non-design data like documents, presentations, and spreadsheets. Anyone involved in a project can view files without the need for special tools or software.
· Rendering: Take advantage of virtually infinite computing power in the cloud to create high resolution renderings in a fraction of the time, and without the need for expensive hardware.
Patrick Williams, Senior Vice-President, Autodesk, APAC said, “Autodesk has always focused on relevant innovation specific to the industry requirements and customer expectations. It’s an indisputable fact that majority of our customers work in teams on extensive and sophisticated projects and we realize that till now there has been a considerable lack of infrastructure to support them. With the new Autodesk 360, we are positioning the project in the center of the workflow, bringing together people, data, and activities in an unprecedented and innovative way that works for all personas in the project.”
In the future, Autodesk 360 will integrate with the broad set of Autodesk’s cloud products and services enabling users to leverage the near-infinite computing power of the cloud to easily tackle a variety of tasks, without tying up the desktop or requiring specialized, expensive hardware.
Pradeep Nair, Managing Director, Autodesk, India and SAARC, further adds, “India is among the top five users of Autodesk consumer products in the cloud through mobile and smart devices. The role of India research and development effort in the development of Autodesk 360 is a reiteration of the role and importance of this country in the growth of Autodesk globally. With Autodesk 360, we enable projects to become open and connected with an efficient, seamless workflow.” He further added that, “Cloud is a strategic priority for Autodesk and we recently introduced a cloud-based rental model for pay-as-you-go access to our technology.”