The world is moving fast and the technology industry is evolving even faster. The sector is facing a shortage of experienced talent that can cater to next-gen AI-enabled requirements. At Aarav Solutions, the team is approaching this challenge with the ‘Woot! Initiative – a unique ‘returnship’ initiative aimed at supporting the re-entry of career-ready women in tech.
In order to improve the 5:1 ratio of men to women in the tech industry, the company is #BreakingTheBias by giving women a platform to restart their careers from where they left off before taking a break to raise a family or for other personal reasons. The program will enable women to work on critical business projects that match their skills, domain expertise and interests. It will set women up for success by reclaiming their careers and forging new relationships.
What makes the ‘Woot! Initiative’ unique
• Open roles across the board – 40+ open positions across core technologies, project management, business development, product marketing and more
• Accelerated training – Participants will be given customized training and upskilling through courses, tools and on-the-job guidance
• Flexibility – Ease of transition as participants return to work with remote working and gradual upskilling
• Not starting from scratch – Participants will be tasked with responsibilities commensurate with their total experience and skills instead of entry-level jobs that discriminate against gaps in the resume
• Contribute to critical project work – Participants will get the chance to work on cutting-edge technologies and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams
• Community and mentorship – Strong network of like-minded ‘returners’ to share experiences with and strong mentors to learn from
Aarav Solutions works across 6 countries on diverse projects that leverage the latest technologies. The company is an equal opportunity employer and believes in a transparent no-discrimination environment. During the pandemic, there were no lay-offs in the organization; instead, it doubled its workforce, highlighting the stability and people-centric nature of the company. The attainment of work-life balance for employees is a key priority for Aarav Solutions, so leaders always encourage everyone to bring their ‘whole-self’ rather than just their ‘work-self’.
With that in mind, the ‘Woot! Initiative’ is another of the company’s equal opportunity initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion at the workplace that are #BreakingTheBias.