Aakash 4 specifications are finally out and clear and Indian Government has officially made a statement on how they plan to bring the next generation of the Aakash tablet series.
The tablet will be based on dual-boot platform i.e. Android and Linux (through a microSD card). The tablet computers produced by MHRD was conceptualized at a very low cost tablet with 17.78-cm (7-inch) touch screen displays based on Android.
Quick Overview Of Aakash 4 Technical Specifications:
1. 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066 MT/S or better
2. 4GB+ (integrated flash)
3. MicroSD 2.0 up to 32GB. The interface would be compatible with NFC based SD Card.
4. Support For External Attachments: USB storage devices, keyboards, mouse, USB hub, 2G/3G/4G dongles available in India, USB to Ethernet adaptors, USB Printers etc.
5. Wireless Connectivity: IEEE 801.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth: 2.1 [ IEEE 802.15.1 ]
6. Battery Backup: 3 Hrs of 720p HD video on single charge.
7. Weight: < 500 grams
8. Dual boot with GNU/Linux distro (mostly uBuntu) along with Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
9. Support for most regular MS Office file formats including .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx, .odt, .odp, .ods.