Thursday, November 28, 2013: If you are looking for some great gadgets to purchase during the holiday season, it may be a wise idea to look at the list we bring. These eight gadgets are among the most significant tech gadgets that have been released to date.
As stated on cio.com, they are not best sellers or popular but each one is unique in its own way.
1. Pebble – This was released on 23 January 2013 and was funded as one of the most successful Kickstarter projects of 2012. It is a smartwatch that makes use of black-and-white e-paper display technology, and can interact with your Android device.
2. Chromebook Pixel – This was released on 21 February 2013. This notebook by Google starts at $1,299, as it has powerful specs and a touchscreen in a sleek case design. The Pixel is akin to the luxury sports car of the Chromebook line designed to boast what Chrome OS can do while running on optimal hardware.
3. BlackBerry Z10 – This was released on 22 March 2013. BlackBerry has also launched an updated version of their phone form factor equipped with a mini keyboard, the Q10.
4. Sero 7 Pro – This was released on 24 May 2013. This is sold exclusively through Walmart. The Android tablet has similar internal hardware as its original counterpart Nexus 7 and comes with three things that the latter did not have. These are a mini HDMI port, rear-facing camera, and SD card slot.
5. Chromecast – This was released on 24 July 2013. It is simple in design and cheap priced at $35. It’s dongle permits you to stream video with ease from your mobile device or computer to your TV. The Chromecast allows streaming only from the Google Play store, Netflix and YouTube.
6. Lumia 1020 – This was released on 26 July 2013. It is at the moment a top-of-the-line smartphone presenting Microsoft’s mobile OS in a sleek, beautiful form factor. Its outstanding feature is its rear-facing camera that can shoot images up to an astounding 41 megapixels.
7. ZTE Open – This was released on 12 August 2013. This is the first Firefox OS phone and was for online sales through eBay storefront for $79. Its widespread release is an encouraging development for the open-source community in 2013.
8. iPhone 5C – This was released on 20 September 2013. The 5C appears plasticky as it is made from plastic. Similar to the iPad mini, the iPhone 5C symbolizes another sign that Apple is willing to come down from its premium image to attract potential customers.