Vebbler is a new personal network, developed with a mission to create a world where people can have more meaningful conversations with different relationships in their lives without one aspect of their life spilling into another. One of the first social web startups in India designed on Crowd Layering Model (CLM), Vebbler is founded by 23 year old Sahil Bhagat and engineered by a young and dynamic team mostly in their early 20s.
Vebbler launched into beta on July 23rd, 2013. Here’s a sneak peek into what makes Vebbler different from other products in the market:
- Social + Personal: In a big, open world of the Internet, here is a platform for you to connect with your true friends most valued relationships. If other networks are newspapers, Vebbler is more like a personal diary, a place where you can be yourself and express yourself freely.
- Relationships beyond Friends: Our parents, teachers, colleagues and even bosses are present on social media. There is a need for an evolved method of connecting, which can easily help a user to layer their friends and other relationships, such as workmates and family.
- Design by Discipline: ‘A great product is not about what you make, it’s about how you present it’. With Clean typefaces, flat icons, simple two column layout and responsive photo galleries, Vebbler puts design at the heart of its user experience.
At launch, Vebbler will introduce with the following features:
- Clubs(for personal sharing): Clubs are a core element of Vebbler’s user experience. Two way relationships need to be layered in a seamless and user-friendly way. Clubs allows a user to add a person into different layers, such as friends, family, workmates and acquaintances. This enables a user to have an entirely separate space for sharing with each relationship.
- Followers (for public sharing): While keeping the closest 500 people in your Clubs, you can follow as many people you find interesting. This makes Vebbler a great platform for public conversations too, while keeping your private life intact.
- Bigger, Better Photos: Profile photos are big again and photographs are stored in high quality, making Vebbler a delightful platform for photographers and photography enthusiasts.
- ~Wavetags: Move overHashtags. Now, start a ~Wave! Build conversations in real time, follow waves that interest you and see its popularity with the Wave-O-Meter.
- Search: Social search is beyond searching things by name. Searching interests, photos, waves and conversations around a particular topic creates a more intuitive search experience.
What’s next in store?
- Location Based Sharing
- Automated and Custom Clubs
- More features for Photos
INDIA AND SOCIAL MEDIA:
- India has the youngest population in the World.
- India’s is growing to become of the most potential markets for social media the userbase. Most users are now coming from develeoping countries like India and Brazil.
- India is the number 2 market for Facebook (from 6) after the US. A successful homegrown network could create stiff competition.
- India has over 100+ million plus internet users, 50+ million mobile internet users. 2 out of 3 internet users in India access a social networking website everyday.
- India has one of the biggest and smartest IT industries, and while it still predominently remains a service industry, the recent wave of product companies, especially in the e-commerce sector could make India a strong product industry.
ASIA AND SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Social is growing fast in Asia, with applications like WeChat, KakaoTalk and Line.