Dell introduced Venue 8 7840 in the 7000 series, as the world’s thinnest tablet at just 6mm thickness, back in September last year. It went on sale in the US earlier this year. Now the company has launched the tablet in India. It has a 8.4-inch (2560 x 1600 pixel) OLED display, is powered by a 2.3GHz Intel Atom Z3580 processor with PowerVR G6430 GPU. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera, two Intel RealSense Snapshot Depth Cameras for depth mapping, measurements and 3D editing and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
The back is made of metal and glass. It was launched running on Android 4.4 (KitKat), now it comes with Android 5.0 (Lollipop).
Dell Venue 8 7840 specifications
- 8.4-inch (2560 x 1600 pixels) Quad HD OLED display
- 2.3GHz Intel Atom Z3580 processor with PowerVR G6430 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16/32GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 8MP rear camera, Two Intel RealSense Snapshot Depth Cameras
- 2MP front camera
- Dimensions: 215.9 x 124.2 x 6.1 mm; Weight: 305g
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS,
- 5670mAh battery