Now users can switch network providers on the fly, ensure data continuity, search their environments more effectively and benefit from improved event and edge processing
Telit, a global enabler of the Internet of Things (IoT), today announced major updates to their IoT Portal. Now, users can switch network providers on the fly, ensure data continuity, search their environments more effectively and benefit from improved event and edge processing. The Telit IoT Portal is a cloud-based IoT subscription service, powered by Telit’s deviceWISE IoT Platform. The Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) features a low cost pay-as-you-go service plan and lets you get started without any upfront investment. Telit’s do-it-yourself cloud service enables instant access to all the necessary tools and resources for all Telit Services and lets you create and manage your own IoT solutions from a single, intuitive web interface.
“Telit brings to market a unique selling proposition of being a single-source for both device connectivity hardware and application enablement middleware,” says Dima Tokar, CTO and head analyst of MachNation. “MachNation sees tremendous value in the use of IoT Application Enablement Platforms (AEPs) as middleware. AEPs reduce the complexity behind the development of scalable, secure, enterprise-grade, end-to-end IoT solutions.”
These product enhancements empower users with direct control, give them the tools to extract additional business intelligence from data and expand the sophistication of event processing at the edge and in the Cloud.
- deviceWISE Asset Gateway Store and Forward Function Prevent loss of data when data transport connections are temporarily broken with this gateway functionality. By storing all incoming data and then automatically sending it once the connection is restored – S&F maintains data continuity to ensure information integrity in high value enterprise apps. Implementation of this capability reduces time to deployment by eliminating custom code development through simple setup configurations.
- 64-Bit Versions for the deviceWISE Asset and Enterprise Gateways
Expanding their compatibility with the next generation of machines and platforms, Telit is introducing 64-bit version of its industry leading deviceWISE Asset and Enterprise Gateway SW in systems such as Cisco Industrial Routers and those that run on popular Linux operating systems.
- Switch A roaming network selection tool that empowers users to make on the fly, proactive changes of network provider at the subscriber’s level. Now, Switch is even easier to use because it is available on the IoT Portal.
- Enhanced Search Giving Telit clients an easier way to find specific information on an ever-growing number of things and connections in their environments, the new enhanced search function accurately performs “” searches among thousands of things to find a client by their properties, alarms, attributes, and more.
- Cloud Logic Custom designed event logic executed when application-defined events occur within the Application Enablement Platform (AEP). With simple “if this, then that” instructions, users can quickly develop and execute event-driven actions based on device data in the portal. With the new Multi-Action Sequential Triggers, users can build complex event logic with branching logic – all using a new graphical programming canvas similar to Telit’s standalone deviceWISE Workbench.
The Telit IoT Portal is our cloud-based IoT subscription service, powered by deviceWISE, the industry’s most comprehensive set of tools and resources for any end-to-end IoT deployment. The IoT Portal lets users manage connectivity, devices, and data from a single intuitive web-based interface, which also includes extensive administration and security, and application development functions – making it easy to seamlessly connect and integrate “things to apps”.
Connecting your “things” to the Cloud has never been easier with the free deviceWISE developer trial. As a “pay-as-you-grow” service, the deviceWISE cloud-based IoT service has no cost of entry and offers instant and full access to a mature comprehensive platform, tools and developer resources – from prototyping through large-scale commercialization from day one. Click HERE to connect up to ten devices with your free trial.
These new enhancements will be demonstrated at the Telit booth #4832 at CTIA Super Mobility 2016, taking place at the Sands Expo, Las Vegas, September 7 through 9.