Fortinet Delivers on Commitment to Open Ecosystem and Expands Actionable Threat Intelligence Across Multi-Vendor Solutions
Rajesh Maurya, Regional Director, India & SAARC, Fortinet
“It’s clear that isolated security devices don’t solve today’s cybersecurity challenges, companies need something different. They want integrated security, from IoT to the cloud, with actionable analytics across their multi-vendor networking and security solutions, all delivered through a single pane of glass view. Fortinet’s Security Fabric has delivered on this technology vision with a complete rethinking of security for customers to implement more strategic approaches, such as internal segmentation or automated universal policy to stay ahead of the threat landscape. By opening the Security Fabric to our partner ecosystem we accelerate our customers’ transition to integrated security strategies to address the full spectrum of challenges across the attack lifecycle.”
Fortinet®, the global leader in high-performance cybersecurity solutions, today delivers on the Open attribute of the Fortinet Security Fabric through its new Fabric-Ready Partner Program and integration of FortiSIEM, providing threat intelligence visibility across multi-vendor cybersecurity solutions.
• The Fabric-Ready Partner Program builds on Fortinet’s robust ecosystem of technology alliances by opening the functionality of the Fortinet Security Fabric to complementary solutions. Partners in this program have validated technology integration with the Security Fabric, have committed to sharing roadmaps for consistent interoperability, and will benefit from joint go-to-market initiatives.
• Initial Fabric-Ready partners include Brocade, Carbon Black, Centrify, Nozomi Networks, Palerra, Pulse Secure, Qualys, Inc. (NASDAQ: QLYS), Tufin, UBIqube, VeriSign, Inc., WhiteHat Security and Ziften.
• Further extending the Security Fabric to multi-vendor environments, FortiSIEM, Fortinet’s Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution delivers a single pane of glass Security and Network Operations Center to provide complete visibility and actionable intelligence across the entire infrastructure.
• Extending the functionality and intelligence of the Fortinet Security Fabric with an open and cooperative ecosystem of partner and vendor solutions, helps customers avoid the rip and replace of existing infrastructure and consolidate, simplify and integrate their security posture.
• The open Security Fabric behaves as a single entity, offering the performance, visibility and automation required for intelligent end-to-end segmentation, from IoT to the cloud, and across physical and virtual environments.
Fortinet Extends Open, Integrated Ecosystem of Security Solutions
The Fortinet Fabric-Ready Partner Program demonstrates Fortinet’s commitment to an open, integrated Security Fabric, allowing enterprises the flexibility to deploy Fortinet solutions alongside their existing or new security technologies for truly integrated protection. The program brings together leading network security solutions to deliver pre-integrated, end-to-end offerings ready for deployment, reducing technical support burden and costs for enterprise customers.
Most organizations have deployed security devices from multiple vendors inside their networks. A Security Fabric lets customers maximize these existing investments with integration that goes beyond simply allowing third-party solutions to collect or redirect data and traffic. Partner solutions that integrate with the Fortinet Security Fabric are able to actively collect and share threat information and mitigation instructions in order to improve intelligence, enhance overall awareness, and broaden threat response from end-to-end.
Fortinet has developed a series of well-defined, open APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) that allow technology partners to become part of the Fortinet Security Fabric at a number of critical integration points, including at the hypervisor, the SDN orchestration controller, in the cloud, in the sandbox to detect zero-day threats, and through logging and policy management.
As part of the program, partners have undergone solution validation with an ongoing commitment to continued interoperability and roadmap reviews. Additionally, Fabric-Ready partners will benefit from joint marketing and go-to-market initiatives with Fortinet. The following new technology partners have joined the Fabric-Ready Program across its various API integration points:
• Cloud: Palerra, Verisign
• Endpoint & IoT: Carbon Black, Nozomi Networks, Pulse Secure, Ziften
• Management: Centrify, Tufin
• SDN orchestration: UBIqube
• Virtualization: Brocade
• Vulnerability Management: Qualys, WhiteHat Security
FortiSIEM Expands Visibility and Intelligence of Security Fabric to Multi-Vendor Solutions
Further delivering on Fortinet’s commitment to support multi-vendor security environments, FortiSIEM provides a single source of visibility and actionable intelligence across the entire Security Fabric, Fabric-Ready Partner solutions and more than one hundred additional third-party networking and security solutions.
FortiSIEM delivers capabilities unmatched by traditional SIEM solutions currently available and is the only solution that provides a single pane of glass for both Security and Network Operations Center analytics and features. FortiSIEM provides all of the traditional SIEM features defined by Gartner and expands on those capabilities with patented real-time asset discovery and analytics, rapid integration, multi-tenant architectures, and effortless architecture scale-out.
FortiSIEM is the only solution capable of delivering the actionable threat intelligence and complete visibility needed to manage and defend enterprise infrastructures against today’s exponentially expanding threat landscape.
“Enterprises today are constantly looking for the most effective cybersecurity solutions that address their evolving network requirements brought on by mobility, cloud and IoT. Most have solutions from multiple security vendors to safeguard their various IT elements, creating massive management and control challenges. As more enterprises move towards these hybrid IT environments, having a security fabric that can scale from IoT to cloud networks, and seamlessly collaborate with an open ecosystem of leading solutions, is critical for a truly integrated security strategy.”
– Zeus Kerravala, principal analyst, ZK Research
• Blog: Innovation Insights: Defining Open with the Fortinet Security Fabric
• Blog: Innovation Insights: Security Today’s Evolving IT Requirements Requires Three Things
• Blog: Going “Open” with the Fortinet Fabric-Ready Partner Program
• Learn more about the Fortinet Security Fabric.
• Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
FABRIC-READY PARTNERS RESPOND TO THE NEW PROGRAM
“Today, Brocade enables service providers to build networks that are open, programmable and automated so they can deploy new services that strengthen their competitive advantage while reducing costs. Our collaboration with Fortinet combines the Brocade Vyatta® Network OS with the Fortinet Security Fabric to provide customers with the highest levels of security and threat intelligence for carrier-scale deployments.”
– Michael Bushong, vice president of product management, Software Networking, Brocade
“The only way to win is through collaboration. Customers need to be able to see and act upon a complete picture, not just pieces of the puzzle, that weaves together insight and action. Together, Fortinet and Carbon Black are providing customers with a 360° degree view of cyber activity, from network to endpoint, and accelerating response times with a new automated protection solution designed for today’s threat landscape.”
– Tom Barsi, senior vice president of Business Development, Carbon Black
“Mobile devices and cloud applications have transformed the way that users access business data, creating an explosion of identities that need to be managed and controlled within the enterprise network. Compromised credentials continue to be a leading attack vector across cloud, mobile and on-premises IT infrastructure. Extending our partnership with Fortinet as part of its Fabric-Ready Partner Program further integrates and streamlines the end-to-end security, access control and device management for our joint customers’ hybrid IT environments.”
– Ben Rice, vice president of Business Development, Centrify
“The convergence of IT and critical infrastructure requires robust security solutions that can scale to accommodate the complex interactions in these environments. By combining our non-intrusive anomaly detection, real-time visibility and advanced monitoring solutions with Fortinet’s advanced security and network segmentation capabilities, the partnership brings seamless protection to critical infrastructures worldwide.”
– Andrea Carcano, founder and CEO, Nozomi Networks
“While cloud computing brings a new level of efficiency and agility to an organization’s IT infrastructure, it also brings significant risk from both inside and outside of the enterprise. This is no small matter. Lapses in compliance and loss of company and customer data come with huge penalties. Partnering with Fortinet as part of it’s Security Fabric-Ready Program provides a validated joint offering to our customers, one that enhances cloud security and automation with integrated threat intelligence across the entire security lifecycle, from Cloud infrastructure to SaaS applications.”
– Rohit Gupta, chief executive officer, Palerra
“It’s undeniable that the cloud is the future of enterprise IT, yet many have concerns regarding the migration from on-premise deployments to the cloud, securing users and devices containing sensitive data, and protecting applications. As a Fortinet Fabric-Ready partner, we are further extending our leading secure access solution by providing joint customers an integrated offering that comprehensively protects corporate infrastructure from unauthenticated access, attacks and breaches.”
– Prakash Mana, head of product management, Pulse Secure
“As more and more critical business applications move to the cloud, the borderless network perimeter creates new types of security, vulnerability and compliance challenges. Together, Fortinet and Qualys are providing an integrated solution to protect web applications from cyber attacks through automated scans and virtual patching, helping customers ensure that their business data is always safeguarded, from the data center to the cloud.”
– Sumedh Thakar, chief product officer, Qualys
“Tufin provides industry-leading network security policy orchestration capabilities, enabling enterprises to centrally visualize, manage, and control security policies across hybrid cloud and physical network environments. Becoming a validated Fortinet Security Fabric Partner signals to our joint customers that we have developed an integrated offering to better manage network security, report on and automate changes made in the organization, and ensure continuous compliance across heterogeneous environments from a single console.”
– Pamela Cyr, senior vice president of Business Development, Tufin
“With the increase in sophisticated cyber threats, the ever growing attack surface and today’s cybersecurity labor shortage, more and more organizations are starting to transition their security to managed services. By integrating the UBIqube MSActivator™ NFV/SDN orchestration and management technology into the Fortinet Security Fabric, the joint offering gives enterprise and service provider customers a simple solution to be able to rapidly deploy, manage, and assure advanced security services at scale to meet their evolving requirements.”
– Laton Palmer, senior vice president of Sales and Strategic Partnerships, UBIqube
“The number of applications being used to access critical business data is increasing at a staggering rate, making the risk for application vulnerabilities on enterprise networks very high. As a Fortinet Fabric-Ready partner, we can now offer an integrated solution that scans applications for vulnerabilities with high accuracy, while also enabling dynamic virtual patching of critical web applications. This reduces the risk of exposure especially for hard-to-patch and dynamically changing applications that require extremely robust uptime.”
– Michael Goldgof, vice president of Marketing, WhiteHat Security
“The demand for flexibility in where and how employees conduct business, coupled with the proliferation of a variety of endpoints, such as mobile phones, tablets and laptops in today’s business greatly increases the attack surface for sophisticated cyber threats. Attackers can breach these endpoints and often hide for months at a time, traversing through the network to high-value systems within the enterprise. As a Fortinet Fabric-Ready Partner, Ziften combines its comprehensive visibility and analytics to provide robust, real-time endpoint context with Fortinet’s industry-leading threat intelligence and security protection so joint customers can benefit from scalable, end-to-end security, regardless of the devices being used to consume business data.”
– Josh Applebaum, vice president of Product Strategy, Ziften