‘Comprehensive L2+/L3 Switching Solution for Business Networks of all Sizes’
D-Link today announced its next generation Layer 2+/Layer 3 Managed Gigabit switches – the DGS-3630 series. Loaded with advanced software features, the new DGS-3630 switches deliver high performance, flexibility, and fault tolerance for maximum return on investment. With 10/100/1000 RJ45 ports, Gigabit SFP ports, 10 GbE SFP+ ports, advanced security features, and advanced Quality of Service (QoS), the DGS-3630 switches can operate in the core, distribution or access layer of the network. High port densities, switch stacking and easy management make the DGS-3630 switches suitable for a variety of applications in business networks of all sizes.
Out of the box, the DGS-3630 series switches include the Standard Image (SI) software, supporting essential SMB and SME functionality, such as L2 switching, entry-level routing, L2 multicast, advanced QoS, Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM), and robust security features. For additional functionality, DGS-3630 switches can be upgraded to Enhanced Image (EI) software using separately ordered license upgrades. The Enhanced Image adds support for full L3 routing for Enterprise integration, including OSPF, BGP, VRF-Lite, and L3 multicast.
“DGS-3630 Layer 3 stackable managed switches are designed to meet the complex network demands of SMB/ SME/ Large enterprise & ISPs, and offer maximum return on investment with its high performance & advanced features” said Mr. Anoop Jarial, VP – Product Marketing, D-Link (India) Ltd. “Further its upgradeable software image feature provides a flexible approach to system management. So network administrators can simply deploy a lower cost L2+ solution today, and upgrade to a L3 solution in the future as networking needs change and a full dynamic routing solution becomes required.”
Copper (RJ45) and fiber (SFP) versions are available, and all models support four 10-Gigabit SFP+ ports, which can be used for uplinks or for stacking. For out-of-band CLI management, network administrators can use either a conventional RJ45 or mini-USB console port. The switch also has a USB port that can be used to store logs, configuration, and firmware images.
Additionally DGS-3630 series switches are backed by AR-NBD – Advance Replacement Next Business Day Warranty by D-Link. This is a premium support program designed exclusively for enterprise customers, wherein it offers hassle free quick resolution through a dedicated tech support team, along with advance replacement facility to customer location at zero additional cost.
Additional features include:
• Stackability: Physical stacking up to nine units, Virtual Stacking/clustering up to 32 units
• Reliability: Redundant Power Supply (RPS) support; 6 kV surge protection on all RJ45 access ports; Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS); Loopback Detection (LBD)
• Easy Management: RJ45/mini-USB console port; management and alarm ports; USB port for firmware and configuration files; easy-to-use web GUI, Industry standard CLI, and advanced OAM features
• D-Link Green technology: Includes a power-saving mode, smart fan feature, reduced heat dissipation, and cable length detection
• Industry leading warranty: Lifetime warranty and Next Business Day (NBD) advance hardware replacement.