— New commercial systems featuring AMD PRO A-Series processors provide overall simplification of IT complexities for businesses around the world —
AMD at the Canalys Channels Forum announced the first PCs featuring 7th Generation AMD PRO APUs (formerly codenamed “Bristol Ridge PRO”). Built for business, AMD PRO APUs deliver increased computing and graphics performance, improved energy efficiency, while providing a secure and stable platform to protect customers’ IT investments.
“In the past two years we made incredible progresses in the commercial client segment. Since its inception in mid-2014, AMD PRO processor unit shipments increased more than 45 percent enabling businesses all over the world to simplify IT with secure, high performance, reliable solutions” said Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Computing and Graphics Business, AMD. “We are thrilled to have PC market leaders like HP and Lenovo expanding their use of AMD technology in their business client portfolios.”
“We’re delighted to offer 7th generation AMD PRO processors in our new HP EliteDesk 705 G3 desktop series,” said Guayente Sanmartin, Vice President of Product Management, Commercial Desktops, HP Inc. “We are delivering more performance, security and flexibility to give our enterprise customers peace of mind that allows them to focus on their business, not on IT complexity.”
New systems from HP and Lenovo, combine commercial-grade[i] quality, performance, and stability, with exceptional video and audio capabilities allowing businesses to achieve more across key areas including productivity, manageability, and collaboration. In addition, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro features including Device Guard, Windows Hello, Biometric Security and BitLocker Encryption are fully supported, out of the box.
“We at Canalys recognize the ongoing appetite across channel and mid-size businesses globally for more secured, reliable, flexible and cost-effective technology enablement.” said Steve Brazier, President and CEO of Canalys. “As companies embrace digital options deeper in their businesses, their expectations from technology partners will change, making it imperative that IT vendors deliver products that can make an immediate impact on the market through innovation, enhanced performance and increased reliability, amongst other focus areas. The new desktops, featuring AMD processor technology, provide opportunities for businesses to handle critical challenges without sacrificing manageability, security or stability.”
AMD 7th Generation PRO Processors
7th Generation AMD PRO processors tackle business needs in three key areas:
- Help ensure sensitive data and trusted applications remain secure with the dedicated and integrated AMD Secure Processor technology; a system-wide secure environment that offloads and isolates security functions providing an independent hardware based root of trust for secure boot, content protection, application security, and fTPM 2.0 (firmware trusted platform module).
- To meet users’ growing compute and graphic demands, new AMD PRO desktop processors provide up to 14% more compute and 22% more graphic performance while being up to 31% more energy efficient than 6th generation AMD PRO processors[ii].
- Open standards and CPU-agnostic DASH manageability allows IT departments to easily integrate and manage systems. The new AMD AM4 desktop infrastructure provides a stable and upgradable platform for the future.
AMD 7th Generation Systems
The HP EliteDesk 705 G3 Series desktops, available in microtower, small-form factor (SFF), or mini-form factor, deliver impressive value with uncompromising performance, security, and manageability for an enterprise-class experience. The EliteDesk desktop PCs are more secure with HP Sure Start with Protection of BIOS Configuration and Policy. This helps to protect your PC and ensure uninterrupted productivity by automatically detecting and recovering from BIOS corruption or attacks. The desktops also include TPM 2.0 to secure data and HP’s full portfolio of physical-security accessories for a robust, three-layer security solution.
7th generation AMD PRO processors aim to deliver the best performance, reliability, and opportunity to handle critical workloads and will be available in new PCs from HP, Lenovo, and other OEMs in the near future.
- For information on HP PCs powered by AMD, please visit http://www.hp.com/go/eliteamd
- For information on AMD PRO please visit www.amd.com/pro
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter
- Join AMD on Google+