Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Intelligent Fabric Technology Expanded To New Ethernet LAN Switch
The award-winning Intelligent Fabric technology automates and improves the agility of IT operations now available in the new Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch(R) 6900-X72, giving customers additional flexibility in supporting deployment needs
– VXLAN technology feature provides transparent extensions for virtual and physical environments
– The OmniSwitch 6900-X72 provides higher density and cost-effective price per port for 10GbE/40GbE Ethernet Switch and is ideal for the data center or compact core deployments
ALE, operating under the brand Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, is introducing a new member of its Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6900 family of switches. The new Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6900-X72 is a high-density 10GbE/40GbE switch with embedded award winning Intelligent Fabric technology that helps automate IT operations and offers simplified physical to virtual internetworking.
IT organizations are struggling with managing the day-to-day operations of their network and are finding the majority of their time is spent just on manual add/move/change operations with little time to support the strategy of the business. With Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Intelligent Fabric Technology (iFab), IT can simply unwrap the switch from the box, connect the cables and the system does the network configuration automatically, creating a network that is ready in minutes versus hours. The iFab technology, embedded in the entire OmniSwitch 6900 and OmniSwitch 10K family, provides for simpler network designs, easier interoperability, plug-n-play deployment and automatic reconfiguration with server/device/application moves/adds/changes.
The Intelligent Fabric technology is supported in both the data center switching and the converged campus network solutions, enabling businesses to benefit from a single consistent approach for all network infrastructure needs.
The OmniSwitch 6900-X72 VXLAN technology allows IT to seamlessly interconnect the application infrastructure into both the physical and virtual worlds. Compatibility of the OmniSwitch 6900-X72 with other OmniSwitch 6900 platforms enables customers to mix and match switches to meet network needs adapting their environment.
Additional information on the OmniSwitch 6900-X72:
– Fixed 1RU form factor switch
– 48x10G & 6x40G front accessible ports
— Scalable to 72x10G
– 1.44Tbps switching & 1.4Gpps throughput
– VXLAN/NVGRE hardware gateway
– Intelligent Fabric and full SDN programmability
– Virtual Network Profile(VNP) support; VNP is Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise technology that automatically identifies virtual machines in both physical and virtual (VXLAN) environments and provides true QoS for applications running across the Intelligent Fabric. VNP also provides automatic network reconfiguration with adds/moves/changes of virtual machines both within and between data centers.
– Compatibility with existing OmniSwitch 6900 models to form a virtual chassis that provides a flexible mix of ports to suite any customer’s deployment needs – all managed as a single entity.
— Mix and match any model
— Unified Management