JCDecaux wins award at the Small Cell World Summit
PARIS, France, June 29, 2015/ — JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC) (http://www.jcdecaux.com), the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced that it was recognised in the category of “Small cell technology and deployment enablers” at the awards ceremony of the Small Cell World Summit, held on 10 June in London.
The jury commended JCDecaux’s ability to develop intelligent and aesthetic solutions for integrating small cells into the urban environment while facilitating the involvement of cities and local operators.
The jury also praised the diversity of technological collaborations initiated by JCDecaux as well as the Group’s role in bringing together various players for the development of connected street furniture. Since 2014, technical cooperation with Alcatel-Lucent and Huawei, the agreement with Vodafone and the deployment of 4G transmitters in Amsterdam’s bus shelters have contributed to the development of an ecosystem that supports improved urban connectivity, helping drive the formation of “Smart Cities”.
Jean-Charles Decaux, Co-CEO of JCDecaux: “We are delighted to receive this award which recognises our teams’ expertise in the aesthetic integration of small cells into our street furniture, providing cities and telecom operators with an efficient and comprehensive solution that is in tune with the urban environment. This recognition gives us even more energy and creativity to provide cities with innovative and accessible solutions for the greater benefit of mobile citizens.”
Key Figures for JCDecaux
– 2014 revenues: €2,813m
– JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
– N°1 worldwide in street furniture (491,950 advertising panels)
– N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with 140 airports and 279 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (379,060 advertising panels)
– N°1 in Europe for billboards (180,590 advertising panels)
– N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (215,350 advertising panels)
– N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (51,150 advertising panels)
– N°1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
– 1,078,370 advertising panels in more than 60 countries
– Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
– 11,900 employees
Distributed by APO (African Press Organization) on behalf of JCDecaux SA.
Filed in: Business
, Computer Hardware
, Computer magazine
, Computer News
, computer reseller news
, IT Magazine
, Magazine Advertisement india
, New Feature
, New Product
, Technology News