- Dell Digital Business Services has made significant progress in customer acquisition and industry alliances
- Joint research with IDG finds there is a still a lot to be done by organizations to adopt digital at an enterprise-wide level
PLANO, Texas, June 29, 2015 – Dell announced its commitment to the emerging digital paradigm at Dell World last year. Since then,Digital Business Services, a unit of Dell Services, has helped customers assess their needs, develop digital plans and timelines, and implement digital solutions that meet their business goals. Dell-commissioned research shows that companies are adopting digital approaches, but often focus their efforts narrowly, limiting the true potential of digital transformation.
To reach its full potential, digital transformation needs to be aimed at increasing revenue, not just increasing efficiencies. According to the Dell research, 78 percent of those in business roles called new revenue a key digital transformation driver however; only 58 percent of those in IT roles did – and this is where the bulk of the digital work is happening today.
Many organizations are already taking advantage of a digital-first approach in partnership with Dell’s Digital Business Services including:
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science, a Dallas-area natural history and science museum and leading cultural institution, in the midst of a multi-pronged business transformation, enlisted Dell to develop a comprehensive digital strategy to advance its business agenda. Dell developed a strategy and roadmap centered on high-value digital (web, social, mobile, analytics) use cases that offered and increased value for the Museum’s donors, members, and visitors through enhanced engagement and operational efficiencies.
- Grupo Acir, one of the largest communication companies in Mexico, was confronted with increasing customer expectations for digital content and channels, growth in internet usage and mobile devices, competitive and regulatory pressures, and internal cultural and budgetary challenges. Dell has worked to assess its readiness for digital transformation.
- Meander Medisch Centrum, a Netherlands based healthcare provider chose Dell to work closely with their healthcare staff such as nurses, to build an integrated healthcare application on Dell Venue tablets that allowed easy access and improved productivity for hospital nursing staff for in-patient care. It also proved highly efficient by cutting down the number of trips staff had to make to their workstations and reduced the amount of paper used.
Dell has also transformed business and digital environments for Staples, the American Red Cross and University of Kentucky among others.
“Investments in enterprise mobility and analytics rose dramatically in 2014 and continue to do so in 2015. Further, as the uptake around wearables and IoT continues to gain steam, we expect an additional round of heightened innovation that will drive even more activity by the start of next year, both around mobility and enterprise analytics.” said Ned May, managing director of Digital at HfS. “From a mobility perspective Dell was rapidly rising in 2014 and is a great fit for mid-sized enterprises looking for a high level of attention and world class delivery. In the enterprise analytics space, we see Dell as a top performer that is leveraging advanced analytics to enable digital transformation by commercializing Dell-on-Dell capabilities across consumer facing verticals.”
“Digital transformation enhances new business models, customer experiences, employee engagement and operational excellence; and offers enormous multi-dimensional opportunities for our customers to derive numerous benefits for their business and end users. Yet, our research shows lack of time, resources and skills, as well as the difficulty in changing the company’s culture, get in the way of digital adoption,” said Raman Sapra, executive director and global head, Digital Business Services, Dell. “Our customers see great opportunity in their digital transformation journeys or by taking a business-first approach with Dell Digital Business Services they have been able to reap the rewards; in addition, industry analysts recognize Dell is a key player.”
Dell offers a full suite of Digital Business Services to help companies create an upfront business focused digital strategy and then implement digital technologies that will help meet their business goals; in the past year Dell has announced alliances with Informatica,Kony & Apperian, Cloudera, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and ThingWorx.